Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a business traveller and at my airport I use the curbside valet. I am terrified of this new fob that doesn't need to be in the car for it to continue running. One of these mondays when I am in a hurry I can see myself running into the airport and forgetting the key is in my pocket.

Not much real reason to this post, but I am wondering if this has happened to anyone? Does the jeep keep running if you walk away with the key or does it shut down? I would be worried because they will have to get my car towed. I do wish there was an option to use a key to start it as well as the fob. That way I could use the key to start it on morning I am on my way to the airport and just walk away.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I always turn off the car and hand the valet the key, so I am safe when I finally get a keyless car. It's an OCD habit of mine to prevent locking keys in the car...

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,734 Posts
I always turn off the car and hand the valet the key, so I am safe when I finally get a keyless car. It's an OCD habit of mine to prevent locking keys in the car...
Jeep Won't let you lock them inside.

on my 2011 i have to shut and lock the door nearly 5 times to get it lock with them inside.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
Jeep Won't let you lock them inside.

on my 2011 i have to shut and lock the door nearly 5 times to get it lock with them inside.
The problem wouldn't be locking the fob in the car, but getting on your flight with it still in your pocket.

---

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
It should Alert and beep that key has left the jeep on the dash :thumbsup:
Found this out the hard way yesterday. Was on a little road trip with the wife and stopped at a gas station to use the facilities. Jumped out and ran in with the fob in my pocket, the Jeep running, and my wife in it. I got an ear full about the noisy chimes when I got back. :(

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Believe it or not jeep will let you lock them inside- I have done it twice but I can't tell you how it happened.
Yep, ours has no problem locking the keys inside. The Toyota/Lexus system by comparison absolutely will not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts