Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a white 2012 grand Cherokee altitude and I'm looking to vinyl wrap the roof with a black gloss wrap!.....does anyone on here have a pic of what that would look like? Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,I've thought of doing the plasti dip..... I'm 50/50 on that or the vinyl.... I've ran into people who have wrapped their cars and have told me to go that way instead of dipping it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Does plastidip come in a gloss option, or do you need to follow-up with a gloss clear over the std matte finish?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
I'm having my trim all done with black and glossifier on Saturday. I'll post some pics for you after it's done. For reference I have brilliant black paint.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,198 Posts
Post pictures of your dark Vader rig please after you do it. Ate you doing the time as well?

·
Registered
Trailhawk
1,011 Posts
I'm going to have my chrome window trim on my Altitude wrapped in black gloss vinyl soon so ill post pictures.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Planning to either dip or vinyl my roof also. Cleaning that roof is a pain and some gloss vinyl sure would make upkeep easier. No more claying and waxing/sealing. What pricing are you guys seeing?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Original quote for plasti dip was $175 for all of the trim including grill, front emblem, side moldings, window moldings, roof rails, and rear chrome trim piece.

Final price is $140 for everything!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Original quote for plasti dip was $175 for all of the trim including grill, front emblem, side moldings, window moldings, roof rails, and rear chrome trim piece.

Oh...you are having someone do the dip for you? I was thinking about price quotes for vinyl.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Yes I'm having a local dipyourcar.com installer do it for me. When you factor in materials and time I think 140 is more than fair

·
natural born world shaker
2,692 Posts

That's like $50 worth of plasti-dip. Just sayin.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Plus my time...estimate 4-5 hours for the job. That's a lot of trim he is going to cover with PD.

plus I get to hang with the family on Saturday .....not getting "the look" from my wife because I spend too much time with my jeep - priceless :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts