Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 14 in black yesterday and all I can say is wow !!
The stupid dealer put on a front plate after I told them not too and I was gonna walk so they are getting another black this week and will switch bumpers for me.
My question is it alright to switch bumpers will I have any issues ?

I will take pics after its detailed today since I wouldn't let the dealer touch it
It was 69,270 and I got it for 65,000... Did I do ok ??

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Congrats on the new Jeep!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got my 14 in black yesterday and all I can say is wow !!
The stupid dealer put on a front plate after I told them not too and I was gonna walk so they are getting another black this week and will switch bumpers for me.
My question is it alright to switch bumpers will I have any issues ?

I will take pics after its detailed today since I wouldn't let the dealer touch it
It was 69,270 and I got it for 65,000... Did I do ok ??
You did great. Mine was $69,170 and I paid $64,500. There shouldn't be any issues switching bumpers.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You did great. Mine was $69,170 and I paid $64,500. There shouldn't be any issues switching bumpers.
So long as the paint batches for the different days they went through the booth were identical.......

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They gave me the srt trailer cover as well for the mistake
Also should I just live with the plate and not worry about it
I really like the look without the plate but I don't know how good the flip up plate will work since the bumper is rounded.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
$61 msrp is probably pretty base model

·
Registered
114 Posts
Whoops! I meant 69,170 MSRP

Also, how are you getting tread lightly 1% under invoice deals? I was told it doesn't work for the SRT
It seems to be different this time around. For '12 I paid MSRP. For the '14 I went to several different dealers and basically had them bid for my business.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
1,006 Posts
That's an awesome price. Mine was 69,820 I believe or something like that and I got it for 2k under msrp. Instead of swapping bumpers why don't you just take the new one coming in?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might just take the new one coming in because they called me a week later and told me they couldn't get the loan or the DMV stuff done because I gave them a expired license .
So if they don't do what I say I guess I can give it back and go somewhere else

·
Registered
122 Posts
I plan on hot gluing magnets on the back of my plate so when I travel I give them one less excuse to stop me.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What options do you have for a front license plate on the SRT? It would be nice to not have to drill holes.
The closest thing to zero. Nothing is impossible n cars I guess, but the curves of the front bumper and the underside of the front lip and belly pan make the flip up plate nearly useless. My advice, you either decide to go plateless and take the heat, or put it on, and if you put it on do it like me and don't use a plate holder. Center the plate left and right, then center it on the bumper face up and down and it is almost the exact height. drill 2 pilot holes, then screw in to screws to them until snug (don't overtighten because then it'll strip out the hole).

I plan on hot gluing magnets on the back of my plate so when I travel I give them one less excuse to stop me.
magnets won't work, bumper is plastic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How about using some of that 3m Command Adhesive. It's pretty strong stuff and they've got some products supporting weight up to 8 lbs (i would just double up) and it doesn't leave a residue when you remove it.

Its just a thought.... though I can visualize my license plate detaching and flying through the air at 80mph and hitting the traffic behind me :eek:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts