Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the rusted hood issue on my grand Cherokee , the shop said they replaced the hood and did not. I’m sick of going back and forth with them while they look into what happened, or the guy that handles the body shop is not here. Never a returned call.
I know there is a Jeep rep that usually chimes in to offer help so I hope they see this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the oxidized hood also but haven't said anything yet. You should do what I'm doing, looking for an honest dealership.. I'll let you know when I find one.
Seeing that the hood is a very expensive part and all that's really required is paint, it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish. Jeep cares should chime in on this one as it's likely affecting tens of thousands of jeeps. What I wish is that there was even more oversight of the less than stellar jeep dealer network. Many other manufacturers are miles ahead on this.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly the dealer charged Jeep for the new hood, so it’s not an issue if Jeep not wanting to fix it

·
Registered
530 Posts
Jeepcares has an excellent record of assistance with these things and if there's any sort of fraud I think they would be especially concerned. Maybe PM them direct there's a lot of area they cover.
I'm cynical for good reason but there's a big difference between being dissatisfied and misled.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeepcares has an excellent record of assistance with these things and if there's any sort of fraud I think they would be especially concerned. Maybe PM them direct there's a lot of area they cover.
I'm cynical for good reason but there's a big difference between being dissatisfied and misled.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
I sent them a pm as well the other day, just waiting for a reply.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
Did you pick up your jeep and not look it over? I had my hood replaced and they did a beautiful job. I looked it over very carefully because I'm super picky. I keep my paint spotless and didnt want a crappy paint job.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,399 Posts
I had the rusted hood issue on my grand Cherokee , the shop said they replaced the hood and did not. I’m sick of going back and forth with them while they look into what happened, or the guy that handles the body shop is not here. Never a returned call.
I know there is a Jeep rep that usually chimes in to offer help so I hope they see this.
Did you pick up your jeep and not look it over? I had my hood replaced and they did a beautiful job. I looked it over very carefully because I'm super picky. I keep my paint spotless and didnt want a crappy paint job.
You're posts seem to be hastily composed, they are kinda hard to read. But the same thought had occurred to me.

If you're saying the Dealership told you they replaced your hood and then after you picked it up, you discovered the hood hadn't been replaced its still the same hood. How did you not notice while you were picking it up?

Perhaps you meant to say, the Dealership told you they'd replace the hood at no cost to you, but before actually doing it, they reneged and refused to replace the hood for free?

As far as paint failures, the EPA forces the Auto Manufacturers to change paint systems every couple of years as they keep raising the emissions standards. They are at the point that the manufacturers use water to apply the paint. So all the brands and manufacturers have had paint failures at some point on some of their vehicles. In some cases you can blame the manufacturer, because the cut corners in the new paint system. Others you can blame the EPA because the manufacturers are doing their darndiest to comply with everything and they've been forced into a corner of only having a really crappy paint system to paint their cars.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This started the day I picked it up. I looked it over and you could see the crap job they did right away, I brought the body shop manager out to look at it and the asked him if they replaced the hood or tried to fix it. He insisted they replaced it, but after pointing out how bad of a job they did he caved and tried to blame the body guy.
They had removed the Jeep letters off the front of the hood and had them in a napkin in the cup holder.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,991 Posts
This started the day I picked it up. I looked it over and you could see the crap job they did right away, I brought the body shop manager out to look at it and the asked him if they replaced the hood or tried to fix it. He insisted they replaced it, but after pointing out how bad of a job they did he caved and tried to blame the body guy.
They had removed the Jeep letters off the front of the hood and had them in a napkin in the cup holder.
Contact Jeep Cares here and start a case. They should have info on what was submitted for the case.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m going to meet with the owner Tuesday and see what he thinks, I’m sure this isn’t the only time this has happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts