·
Registered
2021SRT
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
60 Posts
My vote would be for the third one (on eBay). The ones with bristles have always scared me. They always look so abrasive compared to the microfiber/sheepskin wash mitts.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Get a boars hair brush and youll be fine

Reactions: CNY_WK2

·
Banned
LAREDO
567 Posts
First I take it for a ride down the road to get most of the water off.
Then I stand on the rear wheels to get most of the roof with my sponge.
The front part of the roof I just open the front doors and stand on the sill.

;)

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
Definitely "NO" to the ebay one. If you care about your paint, stick to the reliable detailing sites. Why no a step stool? You may already have this. I use the same media I've always used, and simply use a step stool or 5' step ladder.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Boar's hair is a great way to go! Just make sure that there are no synthetic bristles in the brush. Those that you have linked to appear to be of excellent quality.

There's nothing wrong with a good microfiber mitt, either, but don't be scared of using a brush made entirely of boar bristles.

·
Premium Member
2016 GC Summit
172 Posts
I use a step stool. You need one if you are going to dry the top anyway to prevent water spots.

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,607 Posts
I use a step stool. You need one if you are going to dry the top anyway to prevent water spots.
I put it in park/exit, and just steal a good non-skid step stool from the missus.
I dunno where the missus got it, but you can get washing brushes for most power sprayers--just be careful with the sprayer itself and never use too fine a point as it will remove decals, trim, etc.

As for drying, I use the same step stool, but have discovered that a leaf blower works really well for removing all but the last few drops. From there, a chamois or even synth chamois gets rid of the last and preps it nicely for waxing--where I'm still struggling with semi-liquid nanowax or good old fashioned carnauba.

·
Registered
2021SRT
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have a leaf blower that i specifically use only for drying cars. I lean towards the micro fiber pad one. After alot of searching I think im going with this...

AutoFiber Car Wash Mop Pad

By the way Im almost positive its the same one on ebay

·
Premium Member
2018 JGC Limited
548 Posts
Go with the micro fiber on the extended pole. Check out this site for good detailing supplies. poorboysworld.com Their stuff is good quality. Plus they deliver really fast. I ordered late afternoon yesterday and it was delivered this morning.
Big fan of poorboysworld.com

I use the wash / wax / trim restorer / leather stuff. All good products, I'm sure their cloths and whatever else are top quality as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use a electric pressure washer to get the crud off then I attach the foam cannon. After that I use a micro fiber wash glove with clean water for the wash then rinse with the pressure washer. I use "Frogg Toggs Sammy" drying towel and the small electric leaf blower (the Depot $29) for the mirrors, wheels and spots that trap water. I also use a small step stool. You really can't beat the Sammy. It's the best drying towel I've ever owned. Good Luck.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
If i had to choose one of these I would say option 2 but I prefer a micro fiber wash mitt that will not scratch or swirl. Here's the junkman explaining the 2 bucket method.

Junkman's 2-Bucket Wash Technique - Part 1 - YouTube

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.