Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just bought my first Jeep last night, a used 2019 2 door Wrangler. I asked about these yellow plastic tabs around both windows. The salesman wasn't sure what they were, and the service dept. had already gone home. Any ideas? Thanks, and looking forward to learning a lot on the site.

·
Registered
02 WJ 4.7 219000+
61 Posts
It might be used during shipment so windows don't break. Maybe the guys in shop didn't see them to take them out. Just a guess

·
Registered
724 Posts
They are spacers.

When the glass is installed these plastic clips center the glass by spacing it on two sides. To remove them just twist them 90 degrees and pull. The urethane holding the glass is long since set.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'd would remove them ASAP or potentially risk any involved weather stripping becoming permanently deformed.

\

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'd would remove them ASAP or potentially risk any involved weather stripping becoming permanently deformed.

\
There isn't any weather stripping on the glass. Its held in with urethane, a type of glue. The window clips don't go deep enough to even touch the urethane. The car actually rides through water test with them installed.

Just twist them horizontal, pull, and throw them away.

·
Registered
02 WJ 4.7 219000+
61 Posts
I can't on the one I have because it's a rental. For once something isn't my problem 😂. Thanks for good info.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
There isn't any weather stripping on the glass. Its held in with urethane, a type of glue. The window clips don't go deep enough to even touch the urethane. The car actually rides through water test with them installed.

Just twist them horizontal, pull, and throw them away.
Ah OK thanks, so these are non-opening windows then?
Hard to tell from the picture and i never had a Wrangler.

·
Registered
02 WJ 4.7 219000+
61 Posts
FCA wants these left on Wranglers and wants you to take the splitter guards off the Chargers😂🤣😂🤣

1 - 15 of 15 Posts