Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Jeep GC Altitude
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New Jeep owner here, so highly likely lots of dumb questions to come over the following months. :) I will promise to search the forums before posting though, as I did before posting this.

I have a 2018 GC Altitude, thus I have the "cheap" lighting kits.

I have already ordered the H11 LED bulb replacement to take care of the crappy headlights. I'm debating replacing the H9 high beams with just a Silverstar daylight halogen and not LED to save money knowing I won't use high beams very much. But no decision made there.

But I'm curious to hear about what lights you all replaced and with what bulbs. Fog lights, DRL's, domes, cargos, license plates, etc.

Thanks in advanced for reading.

·
Registered
17JeepCherokeeSummit
9 Posts
I made the mistake of ordering bulbs on Amazon. After they burnt out and realizing they where not error free I ordered a pair from DeAuto LED. They are super bright and work perfectly. I would share a picture but the filter on my phone but they are to bright. I replaced the break, revers, and all interior (glove box, dome, and cargo) http://deautokey.com

Let me know what you think if you get them. Oh they come with a lifetime warranty also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made the mistake of ordering bulbs on Amazon. After they burnt out and realizing they where not error free I ordered a pair from DeAuto LED. They are super bright and work perfectly. I would share a picture but the filter on my phone but they are to bright. I replaced the break, revers, and all interior (glove box, dome, and cargo) deAutoKey | Home

Let me know what you think if you get them. Oh they come with a lifetime warranty also.
Did you have any problems with the lights cutting off on you ?

·
Registered
17JeepCherokeeSummit
9 Posts
I made the mistake of ordering bulbs on Amazon. After they burnt out and realizing they where not error free I ordered a pair from DeAuto LED. They are super bright and work perfectly. I would share a picture but the filter on my phone but they are to bright. I replaced the break, revers, and all interior (glove box, dome, and cargo) deAutoKey | Home

Did you have any problems with the lights cutting off on you ?
To this day, I have had no issues with my LED Bulbs.

·
Registered
260 Posts
XenonDepot HID's for heads and fogs. Cheap Amazon LED's for interior. LED's were around $20 for everything. So far so good. Even if they crap out....it's $20 Lol.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I made the mistake of ordering bulbs on Amazon. After they burnt out and realizing they where not error free I ordered a pair from DeAuto LED. They are super bright and work perfectly. I would share a picture but the filter on my phone but they are to bright. I replaced the break, revers, and all interior (glove box, dome, and cargo) deAutoLED | Home

Thanks for the support.

These work error free - our H11 LED for high beam have been used in many cars with great results. We also have H11rc HID for reflectors:
H11rc Xenon HID Kit with ballast - great for reflector housing (not your regular xenon bulb) | deAutoLED

SexyVelvet- let us know what bulbs you need and we can link you what we have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2015 grand cherokee overland and just replaced my factory fog lights with Headlightexperts fog light kit. They are 8,000 lumens per pair (4,000 lumens each), 6,000K diamond white in color and match my factory HID headlights pretty good. These are very bright! I'm very satisfied with my purchase. They cost me $99 and are guaranteed for a lifetime.

·
Registered
300 Posts

I replaced the break/turn lamps with red LED lamps. I replaced the lift gate mounted backup lamps with white LED lamps. I replaced the quarterpanel lamps with amber LED lamps. I used the Appcar DiagFCA software to unlink the turn signals from the break lamps. Now I have very bright amber turn signal lamps, bright break lamps, and nice bright backup lamps. There have been no errors.

I added an aftermarket tow package. I plugged an extra break light into the hitch receiver. That way I have four break lights.

The license plate lamps and the tail lamps are already LED from the factory.

I will replace the front amber turn signal lamps with LED lamps. I will also replace the side markers.

I bought the H11 LED replacements for the projector headlamps and the fog lamps. I will use the Appcar DiagFCA software to make the high beams serve as my daytime running lights rather than the low beams. I will set the daytime running lamps to 6v. Why? The high beams look better as day lamps, and the H11 LED lamps will likely not work as daytime running lamps.

I ordered the rear log lamp kit. I will install it in place of the reflectors. I will install red LED lamps in the kit, and connect it to the trailer lamp circuit. I will add diodes in series so that the voltage will drop a little. That way the smaller lamp housings will appear about the same brightness as the tail lights.

All the LED lamps are the inexpensive models purchased off of Amazon.

The photo is not very accurate. The tail lamps are actually red. The flasher lamps are not as bright as the photo suggests.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have replaced all my interior lamps with white LED, exept for the glove box, and the back seat courtesy lamps. I will do them as soon as I take the time to figure out how to remove the old lamps.

I just completed the installation of my rear fog lamps. I knocked out the reflectors, and installed the housings. All my tail lamps are LED.

Tails only:

Flashers:

My iPhone over exposes everything. I did not blank the license plate. It looks white because the image is over exposed. Believe it or not, I was standing 20 meters away using the 2x zoom, then I cropped the image.

Sometime I should get out my Cannon EOS, so I can get a much better looking photo.

Anyway, I will use the LED lamps in my forward fog lamps, and then get a set of HID lamps for my projector headlamps. I will leave the halogen high beams in. I plan to set them up as my daytime running lamps if I can get the Appcar DiagFCA app to swap them over.

I am thinking of installing LED side markers on my running boards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts