Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I’m new obviously, first time Jeep owner. I got a 2015 WK2 2WD Laredo base model. When I first got it I didn’t really know what I was buying, I just knew I wanted it. Now after over a year and half of owning it, I really want to take it more off road... I know it doesn’t have as much power and is more limited than a 4WD, but I want to make the most of what I got! So what’s a the best ways to add more power to my 2WD baby!?

·
Super Moderator
8,228 Posts
Your JGC has exactly the same amount of power as any other JGC with the same engine/transmission. Your off-road challenges will be more around traction if for some reason the rear end isn't getting any, so you'll want to stick to very mild situations where it's less likely that you'll need the front tires to pull you through.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,787 Posts
Yes, you may have 2WD, but you also have the Jeep Suspension that is no different than a 4WD which is just as important, if not more important, for off-road ability.....

.....but a little bad news, because of lawsuits, consumer and media demands, government regulation and complaints about maintenance and repair of these kinds of suspensions (or the results of owners neglecting that suspension) Jeep has reduced the off-road ability of their suspensions to make them safer at highway speeds and avoid the complaints and lawsuits about the results of owners neglecting their suspension. Only the Wrangler has preserved and even improved its off-road abilities, while all the other models have suffered. The WK2 will be better than any other vehicle in its class off-road, it won't be as good as previous generations of JGC, nor even close to a Wrangler...

....You don't have the necessary equipment for true off-roading and going deep into trails, things like 4WD, 4LOW, full sized spare, tow hooks, etc, etc.... .....Jim said it in the most concise manner, " you'll want to stick to very mild situations"......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts