Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5381 - 5400 of 5441 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Well i got my first rock chip a few days ago from a guy mowing over his gravel drive way.
Word to the wise stay clear of grass mowers.

Bought some touchup paint from the dealer for $18.

The chip was down to the primer and very very slightly dented too.
Not satisfied with the touchup so i'm gonna have to do some minor surgery to that chip when i get the time.
Might run it buy my local PDR shop to see if they can do anything with that small dent.

Just for kicks, i took it to a body shop to see if they could professionally repair just the chip area.
Haha! NOPE!....they'd have to repaint the front fender, the doors and the quarter panel for a 1/4" rock chip.
Didn't stick around to get the estimate.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
For anyone who is interested in mounting some extra light bars in their 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee I made a video to try and help some peopleout.
That was nice of you to share. I’d consider adding LED bulbs in the stock locations, as you’ll get more light on the road and it’ll match your aftermarket lighting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Drove around with the windows down trying to get a bunch of mosquitos out. Left all the windows down and parked it in the garage.... hope I don’t trade mosquitoes for spiders.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Magnum RT
68 Posts
IMG_5709.jpg

Took front off and apart to fix lower fascia. Was chipping from crappy paint.
Got a new mid bumper and decided to paint it myself to save cost and took lower portion to get linexed to match all my other linex stuff.
IMG_6073.jpg

Put it back together. With linexed lower portion which is not super easy and requires som modification.
IMG_6075.jpg

Mine is a 2011 fyi.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Drove around with the windows down trying to get a bunch of mosquitos out. Left all the windows down and parked it in the garage.... hope I don’t trade mosquitoes for spiders.
Spiders you say!
My old '64 souped up 413 Plymouth was infested with spiders inside and out, likely from parking under trees.
My buddies called it the spider bomb. haha

Had a 1st date with a hot girl and decided to take her to one of those outdoor drive-in movie theaters.
Just when things got going, out of nowhere she screamed A SPIDER GET ME OUT OF HERE, TAKE ME HOME.
Seemed a spider was crawling on the inside of the windshield.
She screamed so loud, the people next asked if we were alright.

That was a sudden abrupt end to the date. Oh well there were more where she came from.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Spiders you say!
My old '64 souped up 413 Plymouth was infested with spiders inside and out, likely from parking under trees.
My buddies called it the spider bomb. haha

Had a 1st date with a hot girl and decided to take her to one of those outdoor drive-in movie theaters.
Just when things got going, out of nowhere she screamed A SPIDER GET ME OUT OF HERE, TAKE ME HOME.
Seemed a spider was crawling on the inside of the windshield.
She screamed so loud, the people next asked if we were alright.

That was a sudden abrupt end to the date. Oh well there were more where she came from.
That sucks LOL. She was fine for the drive home but not to finish the movie?

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
That sucks LOL. She was fine for the drive home but not to finish the movie?
This was decades ago but as i remember she sat there frozen with not a word said on the way to her home.
By the on the way to her home, another spider decided to crawl across the windshield haha....still didn't say a word.
I had to pull over and fist squish that one too.
I do remember she slammed the door shut as i dropped her off.
Ahh those good ol days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fixed some rattles and squeaks, I had an annoying squeak coming from what seemed to be the dash above the glove box, turned out to be the mounting clips for the plastic trim at the base of the windscreen, on the out side.

Fixed an annoying rattle in the rear suspension, replaced the stabiliser bar end links
Got some greaseable ones from rockauto

And last, fixed a rattle in the passengers front door, there was a missing clip on the corner just at the lock knob/shaft, substituted one from the lower edge and woo hoo no more rattles or squeaks.

Amazing how nicer it rides

Next job is rear shocks, when they arrive

That’s it for today

·
Registered
Trailhawk
18 Posts
The rings were a huge PITA. I didn't want to pull the front facia, so I went in through the opening for the hood latch... unscrewed the first two to get the center ring out. Then I worked my way left, then right. TBH, my wife was the hero here because I could not get my arms and wrist angle to reach the screws behind the outer most rings. The horn on each side also get in the way.

Patience is an understatement. Took us about 4 hours for such a "simple" task. Thanks FCA.

If anyone is interested in the grey Trailhawk rings PM me. I'll post them up here or on eBay in the next few days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally ordered some racks for the low profile side rails! They do exist thanks to Brightlines which you can find on Amazon.

The racks are solid but I do wish they came in black. I'll probably have to paint them.
2019-08-20.jpg

5381 - 5400 of 5441 Posts