Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5421 - 5440 of 5441 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GC Laredo
33 Posts
This weekend, I installed 1" wheel spacers and a set of JK Moab wheels, did an oil change, noticed that my oil filter bypass had broken and thankfully Autozone had one in stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How was the install of the tow hooks
Super easy. I took the whole bumper off to do the grille swap and take out headlight, can just remove lower portion.. but the whole thing isn't hard. The hardest part of the whole install was keeping everything ligned up.. the Off-road animal tow hooks are 4 separate parts. Probably took 30 minutes total.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
466 Posts
Swapped out the stock Kevlars for a set of 255/70/18 Cooper AT3 4S tires. Just got them on yesterday and haven't driven on them more then 40 or so miles so far but I like them so far. Seem smoother and feel like less rolling resistance than the Kevlars.
Tires 1.jpg
Tires 2.jpg
Tires 3.jpg
Tires 4.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did an engine bay detailing. I plan on doing this once every year, although it was several weeks past its first year anniversary due date. A little Simple Green, a garden hose, a leaf blower, some Gunk engine detail spray, a towel and about an hour of effort. It wasn't very dirty in the first place and I plan on keeping it that way throughout the years. 2018 HA.

20191018_163418.jpg

20191018_164016.jpg

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
785 Posts
Added front tow hooks! Finally down to 1/8 tank tomorrow gonna install the two fuel tank skids!

Attachments

·
Registered
Trailhawk
18 Posts
Wife wanted black 20's and she finally got them. OEM Trackhawk 20x10 with 295/45R20 Pirelli Scorpion Verde's

Snug fit with the knuckle, but doesn't look like it'll catch.

IMG_20191102_120112-1.jpg

IMG_20191102_115442.jpg
IMG_20191102_115639.jpg
IMG_20191102_115748.jpg

·
Registered
Jeep GC Summit Dsl
92 Posts
Changing oil,oil filter, fuel filters, and air filter at 113,000 miles
Hoping to see soot free oil this time
Egr blocked should help along with catch can.
We shall see....

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,674 Posts
Changing oil,oil filter, fuel filters, and air filter at 113,000 miles
Hoping to see soot free oil this time
Egr blocked should help along with catch can.
We shall see....
Good luck, I can't say it won't happen, but I have my doubts that the oil won't darken from contamination, there is cylinder blow-by and other effects that contaminate the oil in internal combustion engines.... EGR and oil migrating through the PCV system, while you can argue adds to the blow-by, its marginal at best....

Did you do something to eliminate the CEL from blocking the EGR? or do you just live with the CEL? You must not have emission inspections in your state.

This totally depends on the engine, some engines you can block the EGR and suffer a single ill side-effects, other engines you can suffer bad side-effects, drops in mileage and detonation, etc.... ...a proper working EGR has no ill effects on the engine, other than its another part that can break and require repair, some folks do get all particular about there being a little soot in the intake manifold that doesn't hurt anything....

5421 - 5440 of 5441 Posts