Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5441 - 5460 of 5469 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally had time to tear apart the liftgate trim to find what was rattling everytime the liftgate raised or lowered. Found a spin nut (hex nut w/ captive washer) had come loose and was in the upper trim. Found the lonely bolt near the roof line and job done.

·
Registered
cattle
1,269 Posts
About a week after dealer replaced struts and upper control arms the front end started making a low pitched clunk when the left tire went over bumps. Figured it was the sway bar end links and it was cheaper and no more time consuming to replace them myself then to take it back to the dealer and pay another $100 deductible. So now my 2014 jgc has new moog end links and no more front end clunk.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got the RRO 2-1/2" & 1" Level Lift, along with their rock sliders, installed. Love how this turned out - gained some much-need ground clearance up front, improved the approach angle, got rid of that "nose-down" look I really never liked; and it drives and feels like stock. The sliders replace the lower trim fascia, so mount up high and tight. Totally functional mods but also imo completely changed the look of my Jeep - to what a 4x4 GC should look like from the factory!

Now I can take my Jeep out on trails without worrying too much about tearing it up (well - after 1 more mod: replacing the Mopar trans cover with a Chief rock plate!)

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
^ that looks great! I knew the OEM Mopar “Trailhawk” sliders replaced the lower black trim, but I didn’t realize the RRO ones did too.

Do they leave any unfinished areas or is it well executed?

·
Registered
77 Posts
^ that looks great! I knew the OEM Mopar “Trailhawk” sliders replaced the lower black trim, but I didn’t realize the RRO ones did too.

Do they leave any unfinished areas or is it well executed?
They appear to be really well-built. The ends are cut at 45° and capped, and there's an angle trim piece that goes between the body and the rail that closes what otherwise would be a small gap. I had RRO's sliders on my 01 WJ, used them as jack points, and banged them pretty good on some rocks wheeling with no ill effect - and these appear to be structurally the same.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
They appear to be really well-built. The ends are cut at 45° and capped, and there's an angle trim piece that goes between the body and the rail that closes what otherwise would be a small gap. I had RRO's sliders on my 01 WJ, used them as jack points, and banged them pretty good on some rocks wheeling with no ill effect - and these appear to be structurally the same.
Excellent. I’ll have to consider these. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got the RRO 2-1/2" & 1" Level Lift, along with their rock sliders, installed. Love how this turned out - gained some much-need ground clearance up front, improved the approach angle, got rid of that "nose-down" look I really never liked; and it drives and feels like stock. The sliders replace the lower trim fascia, so mount up high and tight. Totally functional mods but also imo completely changed the look of my Jeep - to what a 4x4 GC should look like from the factory!

Now I can take my Jeep out on trails without worrying too much about tearing it up (well - after 1 more mod: replacing the Mopar trans cover with a Chief rock plate!) View attachment 220777
Those sliders do look nice.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
478 Posts
I installed some Valkrie Hood Mounts and some Rigid SS-Pro Driving pattern lights my girlfriend got me for Christmas. Here are a few pics. The lights on is only the Rigids, and the remote is an old Pilot wireless controller I've used to control lights in my last few Jeeps.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
478 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I installed some Valkrie Hood Mounts and some Rigid SS-Pro Driving pattern lights my girlfriend got me for Christmas. Here are a few pics. The lights on is only the Rigids, and the remote is an old Pilot wireless controller I've used to control lights in my last few Jeeps. View attachment 220843 View attachment 220844 View attachment 220845 View attachment 220846 View attachment 220847

I really like that setup!

So no wires into the cab with the remote switch?

Power from fuse block to power a relay, lights powered from the jump start point?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,812 Posts
Another option for rear storage, the Mopar Slush Matt for the rear deck. Has the little studs all over the bottom to grab the carpet and form fitting enough, that thing will not slide what so ever, its also thick, soft and rubber gripping enough, that just about anything you place on it with some weight is not going to move all. I have a 50lb road box in the back, just set on the Mopar Slush Mat, done all sorts of panic stops, potholes and bouncing over speed bumps, it has never moved from where I placed it on that mat.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
478 Posts
I really like that setup!

So no wires into the cab with the remote switch?

Power from fuse block to power a relay, lights powered from the jump start point?
Nope no wires into the cab, Power for the lights and the controller come from the jump point for the ground and the positive stud going into the fuse panel. Also this controller has 4 outputs. the controller itself will only support 7-8 amps if I remember correctly so the controller acts as a switch to fire the relay on the wiring harness that came with the lights.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
478 Posts
Another option for rear storage, the Mopar Slush Matt for the rear deck. Has the little studs all over the bottom to grab the carpet and form fitting enough, that thing will not slide what so ever, its also thick, soft and rubber gripping enough, that just about anything you place on it with some weight is not going to move all. I have a 50lb road box in the back, just set on the Mopar Slush Mat, done all sorts of panic stops, potholes and bouncing over speed bumps, it has never moved from where I placed it on that mat.
Yeah the Mopar rear cargo mat is awesome.

5441 - 5460 of 5469 Posts