Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5461 - 5480 of 5484 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Nope no wires into the cab, Power for the lights and the controller come from the jump point for the ground and the positive stud going into the fuse panel. Also this controller has 4 outputs. the controller itself will only support 7-8 amps if I remember correctly so the controller acts as a switch to fire the relay on the wiring harness that came with the lights.

Excellent. It’s now on my list. Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Got the RRO 2-1/2" & 1" Level Lift, along with their rock sliders, installed.
Did you install their control arm kit also or stay with factory control arms. Also, which sliders did you get and did you install the cover panels? I love that look.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Stayed with the factory. RRO says they would need fine for a 2 1/2" lift.
I was editing when you replied. Thanks.....which model sliders did you get and did you install the cover panel. I love that look it gave your Jeep.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was editing when you replied. Thanks.....which model sliders did you get and did you install the cover panel. I love that look it gave your Jeep.
Really changes it, huh?! I've had several people tell me "it doesn't look so much like a car now"!

I got the "tire-to-tire" version without the kicker bars.

Yes, I also got the cover panels, it's a much cleaner, more fiinished look without the gap between the slider and the body showing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The $619 Rockrail or the $719 Superslider.

And yes....like you said.....it looks like a Jeep ought to look. Better stance, more capable looking.
The $619 rockrail. I felt the Superslider would stick out too far for my taste. With the taller stance, I still catch myself bumping the rail a bit with my calf when I step out, that would be more problematic to me with the Supersliders.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welp got into an accident today and I’ll say the wk2 is a tank! I got t-boned on the passenger side back quarter panel, everyone is ok thankfully! But it spun me around into another car. Praying my Jeep isn’t totaled even though the damage on mine looks minor im nervous and all the work put into it alone already!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got my winter wheels & tires installed. Ended up buying used trail hawk rims off a fellow forum member here. Tires are Falken Wildpeak AT3/W’s 265/60R18’s. This will save my OEM 20” black Altitude Wheels from all the salt and cinder damage. The trail hawk rims actually look really good on my sting gray altitude.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. This set up worked out great. Got the rims for cheaper than I could have bought OEM 18 X 8 steelies. I was able to use an 8% discount code on tirebuyer.com for the tires and my dealer gave me the TPMS sensors at cost.

·
Premium Member
GC Limited
747 Posts
Weekly detail for its 6th year 100,000 Km Birthday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks! Very thankful no one is hurt. Damage was $12k differential ripped out, suspension, exhaust, spacer lift dented, light body work, but not totaled and nobody was injured! Renting a 2020 wrangler wooo they are compact on the inside compared to the WK2 but just overall happy it’s not totaled and everyone is ok!

·
Premium Member
GC Limited
747 Posts
The Jeep did its job and protected everyone, so a good outcome in a bad situation.. Hopefully you will be back on the road again soon in the WK2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replaced radiator. had a small leak dripping, noticed it when i was changing transmission fluid on 8hp70. radiator was simple, many steps included tho 3+hr job. also did spark plugs. super easy job, have k&n intake, nothing in the way at all, used mopar plugs to get another 100k out of them. changed out my rear load leveling nivomat shocks and put in bilsteins. easy job definitely recommend to those of you with heavy duty suspension. dropped the rear just enough to sit with the same wheel gap as front end. got rid of the rake look, hated that.
2014 5.7 97k

·
Registered
1 Posts
5461 - 5480 of 5484 Posts