Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5481 - 5500 of 5654 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L
43 Posts
Did my first oil change with the new to me wk2. The oil filter would not come off had to use the screw driver trick. Replaced the drain plug with one that has the magnet. Overall happy with the out come. Wasnt the cleanest job but it will much smoother next time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did my first oil change with the new to me wk2. The oil filter would not come off had to use the screw driver trick. Replaced the drain plug with one that has the magnet. Overall happy with the out come. Wasnt the cleanest job but it will much smoother next time.

View attachment 221353 View attachment 221354
That’s brutal. The oil filter wrench couldn’t turn it?

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,807 Posts
Got it washed after a several mile long trip off road to an old mine mill. I have really really been impressed with it's off road capability. At one spot we were behind a CJ type jeep that was spinning it's wheels a bit trying to get up the rutted cratered hill. The JGC just chugged up with no drama. At one point it was tipping from one side to the other slightly as if it was only touching on two diagonally opposite wheels. I hopped to have a video but my stupid dashcam inexplicably was not recording. By far the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
6 Posts
Oil change this weekend and added one of my podcast stickers to side window while waiting for the 7 quarts to drain out. Much easier than my outgoing Traverse. Raised suspension to ORII and crawled right under the front. :)

·
Registered
'15 GC Overland
295 Posts
Just reached 55K miles on my '15 Overland. Changed out the front and rear differential fluids with OEM Mopar fluids. Need to do the transfer case next.

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
Raised suspension to ORII and crawled right under the front.
I'm sure you know this, but just in case others don't, even when the JGC is raised via the air suspension to make it easy to do the oil change, jack stands should be used for safety in case said air suspension fails at a most inopportune time. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
6 Posts
I'm sure you know this, but just in case others don't, even when the JGC is raised via the air suspension to make it easy to do the oil change, jack stands should be used for safety in case said air suspension fails at a most inopportune time. ;)
Yes, great point @Jim_in_PA . I thought the same although for this go I didn't use them. I noticed there is a jack mode in the suspension setting of the menu. Is there any sort of locking system on the air suspension when you use that setting?

·
Super Moderator
8,807 Posts
No, it doesn't "lock". It just tells the system not to automatically adjust/level while engaged. Jack stands aways when under any vehicle including the JGC with QL. "Stuff happens"... ;)

Reactions: MacDRacer

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got my front windows tinted. Lumar ceramic tint. Not as dark as the rears but legal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not today, but yesterday installed wheel spacers (by myself in 27* weather) then ran down to Discount Tire and had them throw some 265/65/18 Wrangler Trailrunner AT tires on my new 2019 Sahara wheels before running through the (touchless) automatic carwash and snapping a quick shot to keep me smiling through today's work grind.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got the RRO 2-1/2" & 1" Level Lift, along with their rock sliders, installed. Love how this turned out - gained some much-need ground clearance up front, improved the approach angle, got rid of that "nose-down" look I really never liked; and it drives and feels like stock. The sliders replace the lower trim fascia, so mount up high and tight. Totally functional mods but also imo completely changed the look of my Jeep - to what a 4x4 GC should look like from the factory!

Now I can take my Jeep out on trails without worrying too much about tearing it up (well - after 1 more mod: replacing the Mopar trans cover with a Chief rock plate!) View attachment 220777
Good looking jeep.

Do you have a Laredo with the all weather package? How much did the install of the lift cost you?

I am considering going the route of ordering a Laredo with extensive options to replace my 07 WK. Too many of the late model used WKs are lacking trailer packages, full size spares, etc. I don't need moonroof or power tailgate. Other option is for me to get a used trailhawk.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good looking jeep.

Do you have a Laredo with the all weather package? How much did the install of the lift cost you?

I am considering going the route of ordering a Laredo with extensive options to replace my 07 WK. Too many of the late model used WKs are lacking trailer packages, full size spares, etc. I don't need moonroof or power tailgate. Other option is for me to get a used trailhawk.
Sorry, I missed your post. Yes, mine is a Laredo E with the All Weather package, 18"wheel/8.4" radio package, and tow package. Pretty nice combination for the price, kind of a poor man's Trailhawk (without the ELSD). At the time of purchase it was a full $7,000 cheaper than the Trailhawk and about $4,000 cheaper than a comparably-equipped Limited. I would have liked the leather and the Alpine speakers of the Trailhawk but those are luxuries, not necessaties for me.

I had RRO do the install, and parts/labor for the rock sliders and lift were about $1,900. The lift alone would have been around $700-800 I think. Super happy with the results.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
3 Posts
I traded my '11 GMC Canyon in for a '20 GC Trailhawk on Saturday. Spent all day Sunday reading the manual and personalizing the settings. Got a call from the salesman saying they lost the key to my old truck and needed me to bring the spare key in ASAP. It was a nice sunny day so I decided to take a lunch time stroll.

2020-02-10.jpg

·
Registered
'15 GC Overland
295 Posts
Plugged in a LLAMS height controller on my '15 Overland. I have the unit calibrated with minor rake adjustment.

Can anyone confirm the knob controller positions from left to right; Low(Green LED) > OFF(no LED) > Medium(red LED) > High(red LED)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
what did i do to my WK2 today? i bought it! well not today... this past Saturday i bought a 2020 Jeep Overland, black over black with the HK speakers. i'm well pleased with it. i had 2017 GC Limited, got into an Audi, and now i am back to Jeep. i missed it. the V6 seems peppier than it was in the '17.

5481 - 5500 of 5654 Posts