Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5481 - 5491 of 5491 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L
24 Posts
Did my first oil change with the new to me wk2. The oil filter would not come off had to use the screw driver trick. Replaced the drain plug with one that has the magnet. Overall happy with the out come. Wasnt the cleanest job but it will much smoother next time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did my first oil change with the new to me wk2. The oil filter would not come off had to use the screw driver trick. Replaced the drain plug with one that has the magnet. Overall happy with the out come. Wasnt the cleanest job but it will much smoother next time.

View attachment 221353 View attachment 221354
That’s brutal. The oil filter wrench couldn’t turn it?

·
Registered
cattle
1,320 Posts
Got it washed after a several mile long trip off road to an old mine mill. I have really really been impressed with it's off road capability. At one spot we were behind a CJ type jeep that was spinning it's wheels a bit trying to get up the rutted cratered hill. The JGC just chugged up with no drama. At one point it was tipping from one side to the other slightly as if it was only touching on two diagonally opposite wheels. I hopped to have a video but my stupid dashcam inexplicably was not recording. By far the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
6 Posts
Oil change this weekend and added one of my podcast stickers to side window while waiting for the 7 quarts to drain out. Much easier than my outgoing Traverse. Raised suspension to ORII and crawled right under the front. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
Raised suspension to ORII and crawled right under the front.
I'm sure you know this, but just in case others don't, even when the JGC is raised via the air suspension to make it easy to do the oil change, jack stands should be used for safety in case said air suspension fails at a most inopportune time. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
6 Posts
I'm sure you know this, but just in case others don't, even when the JGC is raised via the air suspension to make it easy to do the oil change, jack stands should be used for safety in case said air suspension fails at a most inopportune time. ;)
Yes, great point @Jim_in_PA . I thought the same although for this go I didn't use them. I noticed there is a jack mode in the suspension setting of the menu. Is there any sort of locking system on the air suspension when you use that setting?

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
No, it doesn't "lock". It just tells the system not to automatically adjust/level while engaged. Jack stands aways when under any vehicle including the JGC with QL. "Stuff happens"... ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not today, but yesterday installed wheel spacers (by myself in 27* weather) then ran down to Discount Tire and had them throw some 265/65/18 Wrangler Trailrunner AT tires on my new 2019 Sahara wheels before running through the (touchless) automatic carwash and snapping a quick shot to keep me smiling through today's work grind.

5481 - 5491 of 5491 Posts