Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5481 - 5484 of 5484 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L
24 Posts
Did my first oil change with the new to me wk2. The oil filter would not come off had to use the screw driver trick. Replaced the drain plug with one that has the magnet. Overall happy with the out come. Wasnt the cleanest job but it will much smoother next time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did my first oil change with the new to me wk2. The oil filter would not come off had to use the screw driver trick. Replaced the drain plug with one that has the magnet. Overall happy with the out come. Wasnt the cleanest job but it will much smoother next time.

View attachment 221353 View attachment 221354
That’s brutal. The oil filter wrench couldn’t turn it?

·
Registered
cattle
1,311 Posts
Got it washed after a several mile long trip off road to an old mine mill. I have really really been impressed with it's off road capability. At one spot we were behind a CJ type jeep that was spinning it's wheels a bit trying to get up the rutted cratered hill. The JGC just chugged up with no drama. At one point it was tipping from one side to the other slightly as if it was only touching on two diagonally opposite wheels. I hopped to have a video but my stupid dashcam inexplicably was not recording. By far the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned.

5481 - 5484 of 5484 Posts