Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5601 - 5620 of 5820 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks great! I also debadged my white Trailhawk.
Any issues with exhaust noise cancellation after installing Corsa? Or did you disable it?

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
263 Posts
I haven't noticed any noise issues. Now that I have the capabilities, I am going to turn off the noise cancellation to see if it makes a difference.
... I will post an update later.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks good up there.

·
Registered
263 Posts
AlfaOBD Play:

• DRL Dropout Disabled
• Disable Fog Lights Dropout
• Front windows down with Key Fob
• Enable Hood Monitor with Vehicle Theft System (VTA)
• Lowered the ride height, 1 inch up front, 1.5 inches at the rear.

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7L Hemi
192 Posts
I have a '12 GC Laredo 4X4 with the 5.7L HEMI that I've had since new. I recently installed the Corsa CAI, the Corsa Back Cat Exhaust system, the Stage 3 Performance Chip OBDII Module and the Pedal Commander . Wow, what a difference these mods have made. My Jeep now sounds and drives like it has a HEMI in it. Much more fun to drive!
Just waiting now for my HEMI 5.7L badge for the lift gate so they know what just passed them. :cool:
Do you have any measurable gains from the chip?

·
Registered
'15 GC Overland
296 Posts
Picked up a OBDLink MX+ and purchased AlfaOBD for Android. So far only enabled Global Windows Down and disabled DRL Dropout With Turn Signal.

Next I'll be playing around the ride heights along with the use of LLAMS ride height controller.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Updated my Uconnect headunit from 18.11.07 to 18.45.01 which took about 25mins. No noticeable difference from 18.11.07.
Your GPS/Maps should be more accurate. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wheel Blackout:
IMG_3525.jpg

Painted hub black with caliper paint and installed MGP caliper covers. Replaced stock chrome lugs for black.

Lug Nuts:
McGard Bulge Cone Seat Black Lug Nut (Set of 4)
(M14 x 1.5, 22mm, 1.635 length)
$26.88
Amazon

Gorilla Automotive Black Locking Lug Nut
71641NBC
$21.49
Amazon

Caliper Covers:
Black Covers, White MGP
Item: 42020SMGPMB
MGP Caliper Covers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wheel Blackout: View attachment 225256

Painted hub black with caliper paint and installed MGP caliper covers. Replaced stock chrome lugs for black.

Lug Nuts:
McGard Bulge Cone Seat Black Lug Nut (Set of 4)
(M14 x 1.5, 22mm, 1.635 length)
$26.88
Amazon

Gorilla Automotive Black Locking Lug Nut
71641NBC
$21.49
Amazon

Caliper Covers:
Black Covers, White MGP
Item: 42020SMGPMB
MGP Caliper Covers
Can we see a full view of your Jeep to see how the blackout looks overall? Looks good close up. Any idea of how well the caliper paint holds up ... I've never used it.

·
Registered
JGC
232 Posts
Neighbor brought his 2017 JGC over today and we installed his trailer hitch. I was prepared to take the whole rear bumper cover off as I did last year on another neighbors. New to me, as my neighbor started tossing clips out from under the bumper, the dropping of the lower rear bumper cover was very easy to accomplish. On the resonator side (V6) you'll need a T20 for three torx screws to move the heat shield out of the way. Put the lower bumper cover on saw horses and used a RotoZip with a 1/8" bit. The cutting was fast and very easy to follow the template. Took roughly 2 hours start to finish. Next time doing it this way would likely take an hour as we learned a few things along the way. Another tip, if in a hurry, have an extra set of hands to hold the bumper cover while your buddy is tightening the trailer hitch bolts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can we see a full view of your Jeep to see how the blackout looks overall? Looks good close up. Any idea of how well the caliper paint holds up ... I've never used it.
Steelart99, sorry for the delayed response. Here is the whole vehicle.
IMG_3606.jpg

Caliper paint is doing well. There was a bit of a delay between front & rear install (6 mos).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Steelart99, sorry for the delayed response. Here is the whole vehicle. View attachment 225411

Caliper paint is doing well. There was a bit of a delay between front & rear install (6 mos).
ccf15, that looks really nice. I'm gonna have to do something like that to my Trailhawk! BTW, thanks for putting links to the specifics on the parts you used. Now ... to convince my wife :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone tried to do something about the shiny pieces of trim inside the car? The frames around side vents, and entertainment system? At certain angles they can really catch sun and reflect it right into my eyes. And even my kid in the back seat has complained recently when he got hit by some stray reflected sun ray in his face. Is there a factory part that is not shiny so I can replace them. Or my only chance is some eBay trim kit or trying to vinyl wrap it myself?

5601 - 5620 of 5820 Posts