Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5621 - 5640 of 5654 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
74 Posts
Dropped in an AFE Momentum GT intake. Noticeable sound increase... just what I was looking for.
20200703_232230.jpg
20200703_232246.jpg

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
669 Posts
Has anyone tried to do something about the shiny pieces of trim inside the car? The frames around side vents, and entertainment system? At certain angles they can really catch sun and reflect it right into my eyes. And even my kid in the back seat has complained recently when he got hit by some stray reflected sun ray in his face. Is there a factory part that is not shiny so I can replace them. Or my only chance is some eBay trim kit or trying to vinyl wrap it myself?
Most have vinyl wrapped them. Tinted windows also helps.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
669 Posts
Dropped in an AFE Momentum GT intake. Noticeable sound increase... just what I was looking for.
Did the same not to long ago. Sounds great!! I had an S&B on my RAM w/HEMI and never got this kind of sound.
AFE Intake.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: T200

·
Registered
40 Posts
In the morning I took it for first service (8500mi, computer said 11% oil life remaining).
At night I installed Chief Products WK2 roof rack (Safari Edition)
It took little over 3 hours. There is no way I could reach everything with torque wrench, one T30 roof button screw I had to torque manually using L wrench. Overall it wasn't bad, considering I am software engineer which is not a real engineer ;-)

Now I am thinking about some underbody armor from Chief Products. But I wonder if I should do it myself or let pro's do it? It seems the trickiest part is cutting one bolt for tow hooks shorter. Dremel with diamond wheel?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Most have vinyl wrapped them. Tinted windows also helps.
I guess I will have to try wrapping it.
I don't want strong tint. When I had my CTS-V Coupe, previous owner totally blacked it out so visibility at night was somewhat scary. And tint will at most help with sun coming from side windows.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
669 Posts
I guess I will have to try wrapping it.
I don't want strong tint. When I had my CTS-V Coupe, previous owner totally blacked it out so visibility at night was somewhat scary. And tint will at most help with sun coming from side windows.
Just run a 50% ceramic tint which isn't bad at all. I have my full windshield done and can see fine at night. I had 35% on my Mustang and that definitely was a little dark at night, plus Ceramic tint will keep heat down as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quick update about Chief Products WK2 Roof Rack.
It has been two days and I lost 3 of the little stick on wind noise suppressors. The double sided tape that holds them isn't particularly strong. They popped off at bumps, I just heard them hit the roof and there they went. And at 65mph+ the wind noise is quite considerable, much more than with the previous crossbars (from eBay).
I will probably buy some good amount of sugru and try to replace these suppressors with sugru. Anyone has a better idea?

Also, has anyone found a good source of T-nuts for the slots in the boards?

Update: Today we went for a hike and highway driving without noise suppressors was a noisy nightmare, even loud music did not help.
I have found one of the suppressors stuck on the roof and 3D printed two missing ones, reapplied all of them using E6000. Hopefully this will stick ;-)
From the looks of it and my extensive googling, these sticks under the board are just little less ghetto version of wrapping bungee cord over crossbars.

I am wondering if adding some vortex generators like this one vortex generator by Enihco in some place would help?

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,806 Posts
Oh no! You washed off the protective layer of dirt!
We had a field crew chief with an assigned 4x4 pickup. His was always dirty. He went on vacation and one of the crew members thought they were doing him a favor and washed it. When he got back he was mad because he liked how the dirt kept the sun from reflecting off the hood......

·
Registered
40 Posts
We had a field crew chief with an assigned 4x4 pickup. His was always dirty. He went on vacation and one of the crew members thought they were doing him a favor and washed it. When he got back he was mad because he liked how the dirt kept the sun from reflecting off the hood......
Hah, good thing we have this sticker on the hood of Trailhawk.
Come think of it, it should come with mud decals to begin with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
First wash in 2-3 years!! Still looking 6 years new... been scoping out a Wrangler for a side piece or I might wait for that 2021 Bronco.... but I never get sick of my Summit ... SKRT SKRT
Very nice and clean! Props for keeping the chrome trim also (y)

What are the specs on your wheels (width and offset)? I'm looking for something with the same flush stance.

·
Registered
Summit
194 Posts
Very nice and clean! Props for keeping the chrome trim also (y)

What are the specs on your wheels (width and offset)? I'm looking for something with the same flush stance.
Thanks I dig the chrome. I get the blacked out look for a sportier vibe, (HA/SRT/Trackhawk etc) but my Summit ain’t trying to win no races... or even attempt to look like it’s trying to participate in any

22x10.5/35 offset all the way around.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks I dig the chrome. I get the blacked out look for a sportier vibe, (HA/SRT/Trackhawk etc) but my Summit ain’t trying to win no races... or even attempt to look like it’s trying to participate in any

22x10.5/35 offset all the way around.
Nice - now I just have to find some for mine that will set it off just right!

Reactions: Jeverall

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just picked it up from PDR to get 5 dents removed (All happened in one day!!! left it in the mall parking lot). Also, Took it through the car wash to get it nice and clean.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
669 Posts
I got a steal on some MGP caliper covers off eBay so I bought them and put them on my Jeep. I get a lot of compliments on the Brass Monkey color of the wheels.
Looks good. I'll be painting mine come fall when it's cooler here in Az. I'm thinking blue to be different, plus accent color I'm using.

·
Registered
High Altitude
10 Posts
Got the front grill wrapped in gloss black, love the black look but not loving the wrap job. I replaced the chrome ring inserts with black and you can see the white behind some of the inserts. And the vinyl is just not installed well. I asked the guy about the fact you could still see the white, he said "all you have to do is paint behind it. I said "paint what now!!!" "Why didnt you remove the inserts and wrapped behind them?" "Oh no, I dont do that" "Why didnt you call me to explain this?" Ugh!

Any suggestions here? The white will bother me. The guy honestly said this to me before I left, "well at least it only cost $200!" SMFH

Also, any good solutions to get rid of that chrome bar on the lower fascia?

And I cant for the life of me find a black fog light bezel...

IMG_7151.jpg
IMG_7152.jpg

5621 - 5640 of 5654 Posts