Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5661 - 5680 of 5734 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is another thread where a concern was made over the fuses not being fully seated and if sufficiently un-seated that might be the cause of electrical gremlins. I had checked mine and made sure they were all seated. They were all fully engaged but some still had a little freeboard and could be pushed another 0.05" further down.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Checking prices for a new set of KO2s, 275/65/18's. The ones i have on now i put on at 30K miles and now i have 105K. That's 75,000 miles and they still have a decent amount of tread! Amazing. Just loud now so i think i'll replace them to get the inch or two ( ha ha) of height back from the fresh tread and to get fresh strong sidewalls and cables, might make it quieter. If not that's fine, still nice new KO2's! Then again the vehicle is getting older so it's probably louder no matter what especially with the OME Medium Duty springs and shocks

Reactions: hoppyjr

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had the Jeep clay bar'd/polished for first time like i promised myself i would at 100k. Unfortunately the Noob doing it GROUND into all the plastic trim around the Rig. I love my vehicles, as i'm assuming most on a forum like this do. I was shaking mad. After i photo documented, then put into a spreadsheet all the damage i gave it to the detail shop. They offered to give me the money for parts. So i asked who will install? Um, who knows. So of course i said no deal. Dropped it off today with a local shop to change the trim (belt?) around the windows (install new), new wheel flare trim, new lower rocker new license plate holder, new rear lower bumper and take out small dents from the buffer or leaning on the fenders out. If it comes out ok i will stop seeing red but until then im a nuclear bomb exploding mfkr everytime i think of it. On the Only bright side, if it comes out expected then it will be a nice refresh for a 105K vehicle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
trying pics again in a minute

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dont know why the pics repeated sorry bout that

·
Registered
146 Posts
pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,164 Posts
I'm not sure. I bought mine used, so maybe they did it? I figured it was stock.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,033 Posts
Why would you need to cover the negative post? I can see it for the positive post....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Checking prices for a new set of KO2s, 275/65/18's. The ones i have on now i put on at 30K miles and now i have 105K. That's 75,000 miles and they still have a decent amount of tread! Amazing. Just loud now so i think i'll replace them to get the inch or two ( ha ha) of height back from the fresh tread and to get fresh strong sidewalls and cables, might make it quieter. If not that's fine, still nice new KO2's! Then again the vehicle is getting older so it's probably louder no matter what especially with the OME Medium Duty springs and shocks
Did you adjust the speedo for the larger size?
How is the highway mileage?
How do you like medium duty (is that the lightest front spring - I presume not) without a steel bumper?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine did have one already. I remember from running the new HID harness to upgrade the lights

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you adjust the speedo for the larger size?
How is the highway mileage?
How do you like medium duty (is that the lightest front spring - I presume not) without a steel bumper?
I love the set up, no adjustment, no problems for 75K miles. I drive 5 over the speed limit typically, sometimes outside boston a bit faster ayuh. They have a light duty spring too (just checked, couldn't remember) but Medium duty is perfect. I would love a big steel bumper with winch but not doing it. Keeping it pretty stock. Just like to beef up the suspension and wheels/tires on my vehicles. I often think that all the bull bar stuff is a waste. I see plenty of crashed rigs with fancy guards but rig is still toast so why haul that around? Can even do the stealth winch behind factory bumper if really needed. I don't need. Highway i see best of 20.5, driving speed limit. Was like 22.5 before the suspension and rim/tires. If i remember correctly the wheel tire combo added about 10lbs of weight to each corner and that's with switching from 20" jeep 5 spokes to the 18" Sahara's. I won't change a thing, new rubber, keep fixing anything that goes wrong. Still look forward to driving it and the "new" ones don't have really anything except less miles over this 2015

Reactions: beepbeepimajeep

·
Registered
2016 Summit
2 Posts
Installed some Diode Dynamics SF haven’t used them yet but definitely impressed with output during the day

·
Registered
146 Posts
Right hdlight stopped working all togethe about a year after installing Ziras hid upgrade harness. Figured no drl or hi or low beam so likely power issue. There are two fuses built inline after power take off on the z harness. Turns out one fuse had just jiggled out of seat. Reseated and all good. I love the easy fixes

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dropped a kayak taking it off roof. Scratched the hell out of my trim above rear cargo window. I dont even see that piece for sale on line. Bummer. Will try to polish it

5661 - 5680 of 5734 Posts