Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5681 - 5700 of 5734 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dropped a kayak taking it off roof. Scratched the hell out of my trim above rear cargo window. I dont even see that piece for sale on line. Bummer. Will try to polish it
Above rear way back right side window

·
Registered
2012 GC Laredo
41 Posts
156,xxx mi. - Replaced the battery in my WK2. It had been giving me trouble for a couple months; mostly just long/weak starts, or it would just sit there are refuse to engage the starter altogether (I still want to check the starter connection for corrosion, JIC). More recently, I went to start it and while it turned the engine over, it didn't have enough ooompf to get it spinning, and the electrical draw was too much. Tried the key again, and it kicked over, but my radio clock had reset back to 12:00. So, ponied up for a new unit with 850CCA (the old one had 700), and it kicks right over now. My youngest son helped me with the swap; once i returned the old battery to the store and got the money back for the core charge, i paid him the $18 for his labor. 😁

I was concerned about getting the battery out from under the passenger seat without unbolting the seat. No need to worry, tho, it all came right out, just had to slide the seat all the way forward. Mind you, i have manual seats; power seats might be more problematic, if there's a ton of mechanism to fight with under the seat.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,164 Posts
I had to swap mine out a couple weeks ago 2014 w/102k miles. I actually upgraded from the H7 to H8, just needed the new smaller bracket. It definitely was a pain with being under the seat. I have the electric seats and they move all the way up and nothing else in the way.

·
Registered
17' TH 5.7l
4 Posts
Today the 5.7 TH got a Billet catch can, drop in AFE dry air filter, and Sprint Booster. I can hear the hemi purr with out having to go into sport mode now. It's nice! The catch can is a pre-emptive measure to keep the intake clean. The AFE drop in replaces an older K&N taken off my 17' 3.6L Limited. Same goes for the Sprint Booster. That's been on 3 cars now and it's been awesome! I traded in the Limited for the Trailhawk as I wanted MOAR power! My plans are to delete the air resonator intake and place an SRT air intake/air cleaner in it's place then do an X-pipe exhaust. I'm divided on tuning as it's debated for power gain and I think the OE air box is better for cold air. Previous experience w/ open CAI's had me washing the filter regularly as the engine bay does get dusty. After I'm done playing with intake/exhaust I'll move onto the QT2 suspension mod to stop lowering to Offroad 1 setting and get 32's BF KO2. The TH is so much fun is play with!

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did my annual engine bay detailing. It gets done once per year, always around the anniversary of when I purchased it. A bit of Simple Green, a garden hose, an electric leaf blower to displace standing water. Let it all dry and then apply some engine detail spray and wipe off the excess.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,164 Posts
Dropping mine off today for the Bilstein 5100/OME lift and OEM and Chief skid plates to be installed. Looking forward to getting it back lifted.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 HEMI
47 Posts
added 20” extension piece onto my Thule rack for more cargo space up top for camping trips

·
Registered
20 White WK2 HA Hemi, 17 White WK2 Lim ll 3.6L,15 Silver WK2 Lim 3.6L,12 Black WK2 lar 3.6L
35 Posts
Did a black gloss roof wrap this weekend...by myself...1st one...only took 6 hours lol....its not perfect but its great for me...
Next is the side mirrors and maybe the spoiler...maybe... 20201004_110731.jpg 20201004_160803.jpg 20201004_163157.jpg 20201004_172329.jpg

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
528 Posts
Took it to the dealer........the dreaded service air suspension immediately message.....

·
Registered
17' TH 5.7l
4 Posts
Checked fit and finish of carbon fiber intake tube with blue silicone reducers. Contemplating drilling into the tube and placing the IAT sensor there w/ a grommet or relocating the sensor to back top of the airbox.

Attachments

5681 - 5700 of 5734 Posts