Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5701 - 5720 of 5734 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Today was final part of Xpel protection.....I had already done the bumper/mirrors/A pillars, but last weekend noticed a scuff on the shiny black B pillars on passenger side.
With such a high gloss surface I could see scratches and swirls appearing periodically and driving me nuts as the sun hit them, so I went back to my installer and for $120 had him do the B & C pillars.

Honestly, I reckon protective film should be every new owners first mod if daily appearance is important to you. On the Trailhawk with it's glosss black trim and especially pillars, the self healing film is going to make me soooo much happier day to day.
Obviously pics don't really capture the result, but promise it happened. :giggle:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Today was final part of Xpel protection.....I had already done the bumper/mirrors/A pillars, but last weekend noticed a scuff on the shiny black B pillars on passenger side.
With such a high gloss surface I could see scratches and swirls appearing periodically and driving me nuts as the sun hit them, so I went back to my installer and for $120 had him do the B & C pillars.

Honestly, I reckon protective film should be every new owners first mod if daily appearance is important to you. On the Trailhawk with it's glosss black trim and especially pillars, the self healing film is going to make me soooo much happier day to day.
Obviously pics don't really capture the result, but promise it happened. :giggle:

View attachment 228300

View attachment 228301
How will that stuff hold up against some bush rash?

·
Registered
66 Posts
How will that stuff hold up against some bush rash?
:LOL:

Not too well.

Now I WILL say, it will do a bit. Certainly better than nude duco, and if were talking stuff that flies through the air like sand, small small rocks kicked up by other vehicles, falling leaves.... :ROFLMAO:, pretty good.

I'm not there yet on going on overgrown trails where branches actually whack you, so until I do this film self heals nicely and will keep my ride looking purty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Today I replaced the passenger side lowbeam headlight today, and holy cow. I have replaced many headlights in my days, but this one was by far the trickiest. It requires some baby hands thats for sure.

Reactions: 68Hawk

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,033 Posts
I changed my transfer case fluid at 76K. Looked ok, just a little darker than the new stuff. Also found a huge amount of dirt/mud on top of the skid plate. Also found one of the bolts was missing from the front skid plate. This time I used locktite.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got my vehicle back from the lift install and put on the new wheels. Bilstein 5100 w/OME lift coils, Wrangler JL 17" rims w/ 32" Cooper St Maxx and aftermarket tow hooks. Still have a few more things to install soon.
Looks really dang good! Did you have to put any wheel spacers on?! Hows the new suspension riding so far?

Reactions: CHeYeNNe71

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
146 Posts
Installed an EBC in preparation for a new travel trailer we pick up next week. The longer I own this thing the more I realize what idiots the engineers and FCA really are. Maybe these clowns should go back to making pizzas! There is little option on locations. Not to mention where they located the plug, right behind the PBrake.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Installed an EBC in preparation for a new travel trailer we pick up next week. The longer I own this thing the more I realize what idiots the engineers and FCA really are. Maybe these clowns should go back to making pizzas! There is little option on locations. Not to mention where they located the plug, right behind the PBrake.
Trade it in on something you have more respect for?

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,164 Posts
Best day ever huh!!!

MORE PICS MORE PICS.:giggle:(y)
Definitely, Especially since the covid crap going on it took longer than it was supposed to!! haha

Looks really dang good! Did you have to put any wheel spacers on?! How's the new suspension riding so far?
Loving the ride!! Firm, but not to firm, more controlled as others have mentioned. I've ran Bilstein 5100 on other vehicles so I already knew how they rode. Yes I needed a 1" spacer since the calipers hit the wheel on all 17" Jeep Wrangler OEM wheels. I didn't want to stick out too far and luckily the OEM wheels have the stud relief built into the rims.

It's dirty in these pics, I finally washed it today, but didn't take any pics... OOPS! Also the front will settle a little more after driving.
Lifted 321.jpg

Lifted32.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Definitely, Especially since the covid crap going on it took longer than it was supposed to!! haha

Loving the ride!! Firm, but not to firm, more controlled as others have mentioned. I've ran Bilstein 5100 on other vehicles so I already knew how they rode. Yes I needed a 1" spacer since the calipers hit the wheel on all 17" Jeep Wrangler OEM wheels. I didn't want to stick out too far and luckily the OEM wheels have the stud relief built into the rims.

It's dirty in these pics, I finally washed it today, but didn't take any pics... OOPS! Also the front will settle a little more after driving. View attachment 228421

View attachment 228422
That looks awesome. Off road'y, capable, not glam, and shows off the meaty tires.
I wasn't sure how I'd like the look of a lifted GC but yours is great.
I'm also a big fan of the Bilstein 5100's. I ran them in both my FJ Cruisers and thought they ate the bumps but kept the vehicle from feeling at all tippy in corners. Terrific all round balance for the money.
That's definitely going to improve your ability to tackle harder rated trails while avoiding some of the knocks to the underside.
Big thumbs up.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,164 Posts
I also put on the OEM skid plates and Chief Sump and Transmission skid plates. Yeah I've ran the Bilstein on my Rubicon, RAMs and Gf's Willys and never any issues.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,164 Posts
I have the cross bars and rack I'll be installing soon. I went with the Rhino knock-off version for half the price.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,692 Posts
I have the cross bars and rack I'll be installing soon. I went with the Rhino knock-off version for half the price.
Cool, please share your pics when it's installed. Rhino Rack makes some good gear. Here is a better pic of mine, it's a Rhino half-basket on Yakima cross bars. The installation may look un-symmetrical -- the half basket is mounted as far to the rear as possible, and far outboard (or, to driver's side) as possible. Also the cross bars are extra long and cantilevered outboard quite a bit. This gives me more room on the cross bars for carrying capacity. Or maybe a bike rack. I made sure the crossbars do not extend out beyond the widest point of the JGC. The Inno space case is also mounted as far outboard as possible.

I did all of that to leave the view out the sunroof as clear as possible. Also important to me, was that when the sunroof is opened there is enough room for egress in case of emergency (e.g., in case the JGC is submerged under water, or if caught in a mud slide that pins the doors and windows shut).

That all may sound extreme, but that's how I think, LOL. It would be a shame if caught in a mud slide or avalanche, for example, and all the doors pinned me in (and front, side and back windows too), and I could look up to the sunroof and see that I'm trapped inside by what's on my roof. I keep a glass breaking device inside my JGC.

·
Registered
78 Posts
LOL, it is a nice rack!

Well, today I removed the Trailhawk sticker from the hood. Last winter I had close encounter with a flying object on a highway and I am trying to pull the small dents. The plan is to paint the whole hood later with black Peel Coat/Rugged Coat.

Also, I installed 5 band cellphone booster in the trunk few days ago. It helps but not much, now when I am coming back from hiking I hear you are back online message maybe half a mile sooner, while still in the hills.

5701 - 5720 of 5734 Posts