Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5801 - 5820 of 5822 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,128 Posts
My apologies...I missed that you had a MY13 for some reason. It will have the harness..and hopefully, they can get it working properly, both physically and in the computer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
At America's Tire I got a set of 5 265/60R18 Duratracs and installed them today. 5th on a used refurb Trailhawk wheel. No way I can squeeze it into the spare tire compartment. There is a bump on the bottom that kind of gets in the way and if I flip the wheel and deflate to 20psi it is still too thick for the cover to close. Then there is no way to clamp down on the wheel anyway. So I am thiking I need some kind of M10 long threaded rod. And maybe modify the cover? Cut out the shape of the wheel on the bottom and reinforce it with some plate on top? Or do I mount it on top of the car on the rack when I go for adventures only and use the "full size" spare that came with the car in city driving?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My apologies...I missed that you had a MY13 for some reason. It will have the harness..and hopefully, they can get it working properly, both physically and in the computer.
Except mine DIDN'T have the factory harness. they had to run it. Just got it back. It's all good. Funny thing is the dealership I bought it from was not a Jeep dealership and they farmed it out to the same shop I use... They were going to have to take it to a dealership to have them enable the wiring, but I just did it for them with JScan.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Except mine DIDN'T have the factory harness. they had to run it. Just got it back. It's all good. Funny thing is the dealership I bought it from was not a Jeep dealership and they farmed it out to the same shop I use... They were going to have to take it to a dealership to have them enable the wiring, but I just did it for them with JScan.
Next time you take it to the dealer and the connect it to dealer tool it will disable it again. They need to update sales codes for your VIN to include tow harness enable.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
263 Posts
Next time you take it to the dealer and the connect it to dealer tool it will disable it again. They need to update sales codes for your VIN to include tow harness enable.
100% correct.

I'll ask them the next time it's at the dealership. I can also just reenable it again :)
The problem with the dear is, nothing is free. To update the sales code, the dealer is going to want a fee. Not as much as buying the Jeep with a Tow Package, but they are going to want some money for their time to update the sales code.
With that said, it will increase the value of your Jeep. Maybe not monetarily, but in installed options.
... if the VIN is run, it will show that your Jeep has a Tow Package.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I called the "service" department of the crappy local dealership to see how much it would cost and was told that all they could do is unhook the battery and hope it works. I'm going to call the other, more distant dealership on Monday. I also need the brake booster water shield recall done, so I'm see if they can do both at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
9,128 Posts
I called the "service" department of the crappy local dealership to see how much it would cost and was told that all they could do is unhook the battery and hope it works.
There are no words....that can be typed here, at least...to describe that response you got. Wow...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah... They have a reputation... and not a good one. They prey on car owners who know nothing.

On a lighter note, I installed my Canvasback liner and Cover Craft rear seat covers today.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
80 Posts
Rear wiper delete to prep for business logo vinyl.
20201117_093816.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
80 Posts
Got the sides on!!! Just need the back window now - stay tuned!
VideoCapture_20201117-201052.jpg

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,396 Posts
Installed the Turtle cross bars which seem great, but the lack of instructions SUCKED!! haha They come with extra parts to install on another vehicle I'm guessing and without instructions I didn't know that. Also installed the Tyger cargo rack which at least had instructions. I'm happy with both, but maybe wish the cargo rack was a little longer??

0 Cargo Rack Passenger.jpg
0 Cargo Rack Driver.jpg
0 Cargo Rack Front.jpg

·
Registered
17' TH 5.7l
8 Posts
CHeYeNNe71,
I have the same rails. They're decent and look good. Maybe not the best rails but they can hold up light loads and barely whistle while driving. I had a pair of brand name once in another car and they were so loud. I agree with your sentiment on instructions. Found a Russian youtube video walkthrough to do mine.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,396 Posts
Yeah I found the Youtube videos, but they didn't show removing the extra hardware. Finally I took them apart and tried and they worked. Glad to know they don't whistle like crazy!! I missed your post above mine showing you installed them. Too funny! :D:D

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Yeah I found the Youtube videos, but they didn't show removing the extra hardware.
I just installed those last month after buying off eBay. The outfit was in Turkey and when they arrived, the box was open and all the mounting hardware was missing. Contacted the seller and they expressed out the hardware. Quite pleased with that.

The mounting hardware I received was only for the Grand Cherokee, so maybe that was to my benefit, took all of 20 minutes to get them on. I used these instructions that were in the eBay listing. Putting them here in case someone else needs them for the Turtle bars.

Overall, not too bad. There is some wind noise, but it's tolerable.

·
Registered
17' TH 5.7l
8 Posts
I just installed those last month after buying off eBay. The outfit was in Turkey and when they arrived, the box was open and all the mounting hardware was missing. Contacted the seller and they expressed out the hardware. Quite pleased with that.

The mounting hardware I received was only for the Grand Cherokee, so maybe that was to my benefit, took all of 20 minutes to get them on. I used these instructions that were in the eBay listing. Putting them here in case someone else needs them for the Turtle bars.

Overall, not too bad. There is some wind noise, but it's tolerable.
StanTheMan,
I used the 2nd row of bolts for the front rail attachment instead of the 1st row. The wind noise is reduced greatly from the cabin doing so. I dont remember where I read to do that but it does help.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,396 Posts
I'll be taking a drive tomorrow to see how things work with them and the cargo rack for noise. Wish I had those written instructions would of made my life easier. haha

5801 - 5820 of 5822 Posts