Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5821 - 5840 of 5852 Posts

·
Premium Member
Muh Chrome
41 Posts
Replaced lower front grille, part #68310773AB. A few months ago I installed OEM tow hooks on my 17 Limited. I took off the lower fascia and was expecting to pop out the openings in the lower front grille based on posts and videos I had seen.

However, there were no pop outs for the tow hook openings, just solid plastic with lines where the opening should be. Since I had everything off and the vehicle up on ramps, I decided to Dremel the openings and made it work with a little more sanding.

Over time, I just became increasingly annoyed by the look. From a distance you couldn't really tell, but "I" knew it was there. :mad: Bought it off eBay and now I can look at at without cringing. Picture of the old above and new below.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,874 Posts
It's always the small things, and when you know it can be better it bugs ya. Haha

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
23 Posts
Replaced lower front grille, part #68310773AB. A few months ago I installed OEM tow hooks on my 17 Limited. I took off the lower fascia and was expecting to pop out the openings in the lower front grille based on posts and videos I had seen.

However, there were no pop outs for the tow hook openings, just solid plastic with lines where the opening should be. Since I had everything off and the vehicle up on ramps, I decided to Dremel the openings and made it work with a little more sanding.

Over time, I just became increasingly annoyed by the look. From a distance you couldn't really tell, but "I" knew it was there. :mad: Bought it off eBay and now I can look at at without cringing. Picture of the old above and new below.

View attachment 229463
I totally have this mentality. My '19 Limited had the exhaust replaced with an exhaust from a Laredo without the chrome tip. I could only stand looking at it for a few months before I found a '20 Limited single exhaust on Craigslist and swapped it out. It's a stupid little thing, but I noticed it every time I looked at the Jeep and it drove me nuts. I ended up selling the Laredo exhaust so the swap only cost me like $100 and a few hours of my time. 100% worth it. Good call on replacing that fascia. I'd have done the same thing.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I totally have this mentality. My '19 Limited had the exhaust replaced with an exhaust from a Laredo without the chrome tip. I could only stand looking at it for a few months before I found a '20 Limited single exhaust on Craigslist and swapped it out. It's a stupid little thing, but I noticed it every time I looked at the Jeep and it drove me nuts. I ended up selling the Laredo exhaust so the swap only cost me like $100 and a few hours of my time. 100% worth it. Good call on replacing that fascia. I'd have done the same thing.
I’d think a muffler shop could gave welded on a nice tip in black or chrome. Surely an easier and more cost effective solution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ballast went out on my passenger headlight, 2013 Overland.

Wasn't a fan of the HID's anyways, so ordered aftermarket headlight housings and swapped over to LED. Looks much better, still need to play with the bulbs and leveling but already love it.

Instead of paying $200+ to replace the ballast in a single housing, just replaced the housings completely for a little over $300.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
23 Posts
I’d think a muffler shop could gave welded on a nice tip in black or chrome. Surely an easier and more cost effective solution.
I thought about that, but I really just wanted it to be as close to stock/original as possible. The whole exhaust swap only cost me $100 and a few hours of my time. A quality aftermarket tip + install labor would have been about the same cost.

Also, the Laredo exhaust that was installed looked like it was much older than 2019 with a good bit of rust on it. So I figured it was also a benefit to have a newer exhaust pulled from a 2020 to match the age of the Jeep.

·
Premium Member
Silver Altitude
184 Posts
I have heard people who took the car in to the dealer have been fine but I will take mine off when I go in for an oil change to avoid questions just incase. It actually does not jack with the computer of the jeep it self, just takes the info from the sensors and sends better performance info. I have had it on for a week and notice better throttle response and mostly way smoother shifting. For example every day going to work there would be one spot going up a incline where the jeep would shift down or the power would drop.. After having this in it's power all the way through and there when you need it to accelerate. As far as MPG goes I will let you know after I do more driving but so far the same. Probably in part to my lead foot but right now my avg is 16.8 all city.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
There was a thread a few years ago that said tuners do not void the warranty. If they can prove the tune was a direct cause for part failure only then can you have a issue. My dealer knows I have a custom tune and they cover everything under the warranty. Get to know the service manager and they will provide great service.

·
Super Moderator
9,288 Posts
In the US, aftermarket parts and modifications cannot void an entire warranty...by law. But if a modification can be proven to have caused an issue, then that issue might be denied for a claim. IE, larger tires or a tune will not reduce coverage for the head unit failing, etc.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Other day did some falken at3w 265/65r18 and black gloss powdercoating to the OEM rims as well as red to the brake calipers. Also matched the front tints with the rears. And got a nifty trailhawk Keychain! Lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Muh Chrome
41 Posts
Other day did some falken at3w 265/65r18 and black gloss powdercoating to the OEM rims as well as red to the brake calipers. Also matched the front tints with the rears. And got a nifty trailhawk Keychain! Lol
Nice! The gloss black powder coating looks great. Makes them look like entirely different wheels. +1 for the keychain, too. 😀

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
Took it to the cut-your-own-Christmas-tree farm. The road in where folks were "parking" was kind of slithery, and the bank where you pulled off even more so. I saw the guy in the big diesel F250 4x4 in front of me doing something I didn't really understand, so I left him a lot of room. When I pulled off the road I figured it out -- he was slipping sideways down the bank, and so was I. So I just turned it off, we got out, and I walked up to him and said, "I might need you to pull me out." He said "I might need a pull myself." I said "Not in that rig you won't."

But sure enough, when we came back, having chosen our tree, he had the lot guys yanking him out with their tractor.

After he was gone, I put mine in Mud mode for the first time in its life, and drove right out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Replaced the original battery on my 14 Overland with 118k miles. The old battery still worked, but started showing signs of weakness, so I decided it was a good time to replace it. I went with a larger H8 battery.

Reactions: 19GCTrailhawk

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,497 Posts
Replaced the original battery on my 14 Overland with 118k miles. The old battery still worked, but started showing signs of weakness, so I decided it was a good time to replace it. I went with a larger H8 battery.
This my Next move Buy the Diesel Bracket and an H8

I swapped my OEM battery out about 3 or 4yrs ago Right now the OEM AGM is being used in a 80's John Deere tractor still kickin.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,874 Posts
Replaced the original battery on my 14 Overland with 118k miles. I went with a larger H8 battery.
I did my 14 w/101k last summer with the H8 as well. I almost went with the Odyssey, but ended up going with the Everstart Platinum w/4 year warranty.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,497 Posts
I did my 14 w/101k last summer with the H8 as well. I almost went with the Odyssey, but ended up going with the Everstart Platinum w/4 year warranty.
I love the ole Never Starts from Walmart The Platinums are good also My WJ has been using the never Platinum for almost a year now After the Never Start Max gave up the ghost right after the 3 free yr replacement..

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,874 Posts
I figure a 4 year warranty and a Walmart in almost every town when traveling was a plus. I also watched a youtube comparing it with another 7 batteries and it did good. Sold!! $165 I'll take it.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
This my Next move Buy the Diesel Bracket and an H8

I swapped my OEM battery out about 3 or 4yrs ago Right now the OEM AGM is being used in a 80's John Deere tractor still kickin.
So the H8 works with the lid/cover, no issues?

I assume the diesel bracket because the diesel used the H8 standard?

5821 - 5840 of 5852 Posts