Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5901 - 5920 of 5943 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
That looks great and is next on my list (I installed their transmission plate last summer). However; I'm a little intimidated by the install complexity, how long did it take you?
The install of the lower front guard and sump protection plate is pretty easy, but as IDoMy0wnRacing mentioned it requires little bit different ordering, you cannot install OEM tow hooks with the sump plate in place, so it is necessary to install them first, then it becomes hard to wiggle in brackets for mounting the lower front guard, in my case i have shaved a little bit of metal off the bracket using dremel with diamond bit (which reminds me i should paint it!).
Anyway, I am a software engineer and I managed to do it, so it should be a breeze for anyone mechanically inclined ;-)
Now I need to find chief rock rails in stock somewhere.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
306 Posts
I installed my brakes today.

Before

After, tree in the way.

Pose

Right Rear

Right Front

Left Front, Before

·
Registered
106 Posts
The install of the lower front guard and sump protection plate is pretty easy, but as IDoMy0wnRacing mentioned it requires little bit different ordering, you cannot install OEM tow hooks with the sump plate in place, so it is necessary to install them first, then it becomes hard to wiggle in brackets for mounting the lower front guard, in my case i have shaved a little bit of metal off the bracket using dremel with diamond bit (which reminds me i should paint it!).
Anyway, I am a software engineer and I managed to do it, so it should be a breeze for anyone mechanically inclined ;-)
Now I need to find chief rock rails in stock somewhere.
I can also attest to how simple the Chief Lower Front Guard and Sump Plate are to install. Instructions are great, and the engineering and fit and finish are also top notch. It took me maybe 3 hours to do both and also the Roof Rack this past weekend. Unfortunately, the Chief Recovery points are on back order so when they get here I am gonna have pull everything back off and install those. Anyways, no complaints so far.

Didn't really need any of the protection this morning when I went up for a hike and stopped for a quick picnic on the side of the road near Elkmont but I'm sure we will be off the pavement again in one of the national forests around here soon. Especially after the majority of the service roads start to open back up and we can plan routes with a little more confidence.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
85 Posts
I can also attest to how simple the Chief Lower Front Guard and Sump Plate are to install. Instructions are great, and the engineering and fit and finish are also top notch. It took me maybe 3 hours to do both and also the Roof Rack this past weekend. Unfortunately, the Chief Recovery points are on back order so when they get here I am gonna have pull everything back off and install those. Anyways, no complaints so far.

Didn't really need any of the protection this morning when I went up for a hike and stopped for a quick picnic on the side of the road near Elkmont but I'm sure we will be off the pavement again in one of the national forests around here soon. Especially after the majority of the service roads start to open back up and we can plan routes with a little more confidence.

View attachment 232394

View attachment 232395

View attachment 232397

View attachment 232396

View attachment 232398
Looks like you picked a nice place to stop. Jeep looks great!

·
Registered
306 Posts
... Didn't really need any of the protection this morning when I went up for a hike and stopped for a quick picnic on the side of the road near Elkmont but I'm sure we will be off the pavement again in one of the national forests around here soon. Especially after the majority of the service roads start to open back up and we can plan routes with a little more confidence.

View attachment 232394
Looks like you all had a blast. (y)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I replaced the Brake pads and added a Hellwig rear anti-sway bar.

Short piece (not the best quality video) of my run to West Point, CA via Hwy 26.

A scenic drive to West Point, about 42 degrees outside, the road is still a little wet, snow on the ground in some places, and sand to help with traction when it gets below freezing. Needless to say, I had to drive somewhat conservatively. Lol

Cruising my 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.7 ProCharged Hemi Trailhawk, Corsa Sport Exhaust. Resent upgrades include 20X9 Spider Monkey rims (34mm offset), 275/55R20 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires (32 inch), SRT Brembo Brakes (Power Stop Z26 Extreme Performance Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads) and Hellwig rear anti-sway bar.

I must admit, the Wildpeak held the road rather good, even though I was not pushing it too hard for the conditions. The SRT brakes were awesome and the Hellwig made a noticeable improvement taming the body roll over stock.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Replaced my 2019 RAM with a 2021 80th Anniversary. 2 days after purchase, upgraded taillight and reverse bulbs to LED. 5 days after purchase, front windows were tinted to 30%.

View attachment 232785 View attachment 232786
Your JGC looks great just like my 2016 JGC Overland that ran away from home (aka stolen). What bulbs did you use as replacement bulbs (the numbers please) I want to replace the bulbs in my 2019 JGC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your JGC looks great just like my 2016 JGC Overland that ran away from home (aka stolen). What bulbs did you use as replacement bulbs (the numbers please) I want to replace the bulbs in my 2019 JGC.
Sorry it took so long to reply. I didn't get the fast flash or bulb out message when I went to LED for the turn signals/brake lights but I have the factory HID's which also have the LED turn signals in the front. Alfaobd can turn adjust the tail lights so it thinks it has LED's from the factory.

Brake Lights - 3157
Body reverse - 7440
Tail gate reverse - 921

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland Hemi
1 Posts
busy past couple of weeks,

Installed my Chief Products Roof Rack, and put on my Ironman roof top tent. Put on new Powerstop Z36 brakes and rotors. Got some KO2's 275/65/18 put on my 18" ten spoke wheels i picked up on FB, and installed an Airlinks lift and Weathertech mats for the front, rear and cargo.

Took it for a test drive up through Mt. Rainier. Everything handled great, love the feel and look of my wk2 and was worth all the dough i put in so far!

DSC00274.JPG
DSC00272.JPG
DSC00267.JPG
DSC00269.JPG

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
92 Posts
View attachment 232329
Picked it up from dealer after being there for 5 weeks.... $800 later, service advisor suggested it was $6k worth of work and they basically rebuilt my engine.... fortunately I still have maxcare ... fingers crossed no more repairs for a while
Love the look! What wheels and specs?

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
34 Posts
FWIW, I did the rear LEDs and conversion to UK-style lights. I used the bulbs in this LINK.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
34 Posts
busy past couple of weeks,

Installed my Chief Products Roof Rack, and put on my Ironman roof top tent. Put on new Powerstop Z36 brakes and rotors. Got some KO2's 275/65/18 put on my 18" ten spoke wheels i picked up on FB, and installed an Airlinks lift and Weathertech mats for the front, rear and cargo.

Took it for a test drive up through Mt. Rainier. Everything handled great, love the feel and look of my wk2 and was worth all the dough i put in so far!

View attachment 232813 View attachment 232814
I love the look of the 275/65's, but I don't think they'll fit my stock height. I'm gonna have to go with 265/65's I think. Still slightly taller than stock at least.

·
Super Moderator
9,628 Posts
I love the look of the 275/65's, but I don't think they'll fit my stock height. I'm gonna have to go with 265/65's I think. Still slightly taller than stock at least.
~32" is the limit regardless of suspension type or lift status. ~33 can be fit with physical body modification. (pinch welds) There is a lot of discussion about these things in the sub-forum that includes wheels/tires up above.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
7 Posts
Ordered the RC 2.5" lift/level kit and Falken Wildpeak AT/3 265/60/r20s for the stock blacked out rims. I'm prepared to do a little trimming as necessary. Chief Product barebones rack comes in Monday, so I prepped by removing the old caps.

5901 - 5920 of 5943 Posts