Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

5921 - 5940 of 5943 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
34 Posts
Pulled the front bumper to install the HID headlight bulbs. I was a bit freaked out by viewing all the YouTube videos documenting the procedure, but it was pretty non-eventful once I got started.

·
Registered
JGC
358 Posts
Had the Toyo Open Country AT3's installed today ... thank you Mopar Tire Sale. Discount Tire matched the buy 3 get one for $1 sale. Went with the 265/65/18's and had Discount Tire put my 245/70R18 Goodyear Convenience Spare on my full sized Mopar steel spare rim and it fit in the spare cubby just fine with the two buckets. Had to push a little to snap the buckets in, but not that difficult. Perfect fit.
IMG_1775.jpg IMG_1765.jpg IMG_1766.jpg

Are those the Mopar side steps?
Yes

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had the Toyo Open Country AT3's installed today ... thank you Mopar Tire Sale. Discount Tire matched the buy 3 get one for $1 sale. Went with the 265/65/18's and had Discount Tire put my 245/70R18 Goodyear Convenience Spare on my full sized Mopar steel spare rim and it fit in the spare cubby just fine with the two buckets. Had to push a little to snap the buckets in, but not that difficult. Perfect fit.
View attachment 233274 View attachment 233275 View attachment 233276
Love to hear your impression of them after you've run them for a while. I'll need new tires before the snow flies next winter, and I was curious about the Toyo Open Country AT3's.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
306 Posts
Love to hear your impression of them after you've run them for a while. I'll need new tires before the snow flies next winter, and I was curious about the Toyo Open Country AT3's.
My daughter has them on the Grand Cherokee, she says they are great, work well in the snow.
No complaints.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Today, I failed spectacularly.
I have Chief Products roof rack which at higher speeds vibrates like crazy. When I add some load on the front plank it is quiet so I am driving around with ski rack ;-)
I have decided to build a wind fairing to mount on the front plank to see if it helps.
Here it is, a carbon fiber plate mounted on aluminum. Looks great too.
I have installed it and went to test drive it around the block.
At around 25mph it starts vibrating so much it starts hitting the sunroof.
FAIL!
Do I at least get points for style? ;-)

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
7 Posts
Absolutely.

I've got the same rack with the same ski/rod holders. Horrible howling due to the wind between the raised rod holder and the rack. Did the same thing on my Thule rack, but they had strips to apply that helped greatly with the noise. I called Chief Products on Friday, and they don't have anything like that. So I'm thinking of removing the rubber standoffs from the rod holders and just attaching them flush or possibly using a nylon or rubber washer in between.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 HEMI
71 Posts
I remounted my Thule crossbars the correct direction. So much for having them professionally mounted backwards. Wind noise is completely gone so I remounted my Thule basket as well. Getting ready for primitive camping season. Can’t wait because it’s been a long winter.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 HEMI
71 Posts
Today, I failed spectacularly.
I have Chief Products roof rack which at higher speeds vibrates like crazy. When I add some load on the front plank it is quiet so I am driving around with ski rack ;-)
I have decided to build a wind fairing to mount on the front plank to see if it helps.
Here it is, a carbon fiber plate mounted on aluminum. Looks great too.
I have installed it and went to test drive it around the block.
At around 25mph it starts vibrating so much it starts hitting the sunroof.
FAIL!
View attachment 233290

View attachment 233291

View attachment 233292

View attachment 233293
Great idea. Maybe a stiffer piece of steel?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I'd try a few other things before I gave up, because it does look good. Maybe putting a radius on the corners, and maybe try a 20 degree angle (or so) on the edges? Worth a shot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I remounted my Thule crossbars the correct direction. So much for having them professionally mounted backwards. Wind noise is completely gone so I remounted my Thule basket as well. Getting ready for primitive camping season. Can’t wait because it’s been a long winter.
Thanks for the photos. I’m trying to decide on the crossbars for our 2018 JGC. Is this the Thule Wingbar?

Does anyone know offhand what the weight limit is on the WK2 roof?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered some trans fluid and a filter. Planning on doing a trans fluid change later this week.

TBH, not sure if it's ever been done. I'm positive it's never been done in the 5 years that I've owned it, so I guess it's a bit overdue.

5921 - 5940 of 5943 Posts