Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
5961 - 5980 of 6140 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I had a set of OEM Mopar running boards installed on my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk a couple of months ago here is a photo.

Reactions: IDoMy0wnRacing

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bought a set of Toyo Open Country AT3s in stock 265/60/18 size for my 2020 Limited. Can wait for them to arrive and to get them installed.
The stock Michelins have actually been pretty good tires but they struggle a bit in the sand, and I do a fair amount of beach driving in the Summer. I also wanted 3 peak tires in case of the occasional east coast blizzards.
Debated between Wildpeaks, Duratracs and AT3s and decided on the Toyos mainly because I just didn't want the noise of the Duratracs.

·
Registered
2019 WK2 Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
125 Posts
The stock Michelins have actually been pretty good tires but they struggle a bit in the sand, and I do a fair amount of beach driving in the Summer.
Just curious how many miles you got out of the Michelins. I've got 27k on mine, and they almost look worn out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have installed Yakima Skybox 16 on my Chief Products roof rack.
Since the original mounting hardware (clamps) will not fit the planks, I had to fabricate some myself.
First, 3d printer spacers to fit under the box (see all the iterations) using CF PLA with 40% infill.

Then cut, drilled and painted steel U-channels from HD

And used 45mm M8 bolts and chief's T-nuts to clamp it to the rack

End result:

I gave it a good tug. said "That sucker is not going anywhere!" and took it on a shakedown test, first in neighborhood roads at 25mph, then expressway at 50mph then highway at 65+.
No excessive noise, seems solid and everything still tight.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,831 Posts
That looks great! Nicely done. Is that an awning on the driver’s side? What kind and how do you like it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
That looks great! Nicely done. Is that an awning on the driver’s side? What kind and how do you like it?
ARB 814206 Awning
I do not know how I like it yet, because I had no chance to deploy it. I just installed it like a month ago.
It seems it is a two person job to deploy it properly.

·
Registered
JGC
510 Posts
New front brake pads. Still some pad left on the originals at 108k (5/16”). Installed the Akebono ProAct ACT1629A for the HD front brakes. Very easy install with no issues. The hex socket for the caliper bolts is 11mm. Ordered the 11mm hex socket from Amazon as none of the major auto parts stores around me carried an 11mm. Pic below of the original pads.

·
Registered
127 Posts
busy past couple of weeks,

Installed my Chief Products Roof Rack, and put on my Ironman roof top tent. Put on new Powerstop Z36 brakes and rotors. Got some KO2's 275/65/18 put on my 18" ten spoke wheels i picked up on FB, and installed an Airlinks lift and Weathertech mats for the front, rear and cargo.

Took it for a test drive up through Mt. Rainier. Everything handled great, love the feel and look of my wk2 and was worth all the dough i put in so far!
Your rig looks great! Do you have the part number and/or link to the site where you purchased the Airlinks lift? How much were they to install? Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
519 Posts
Your rig looks great! Do you have the part number and/or link to the site where you purchased the Airlinks lift? How much were they to install? Thanks!
Agreed, looks like AirLinks Suspension. They are $100.00 for the lift links. If you are not comfortable doing them yourself, a shop should not charge you more than 30 minutes labor.

I installed mine in less the 15 minutes.

·
Registered
21 JGC Overland and 18 Audi SQ5
167 Posts
Like the tint, can't do that in NY State anymore unless you remove every year and re-apply to pass the NYS Vehicle Inspection that we have to do.

·
Registered
2019 Overland.
158 Posts
That’s a bummer, is 35% legal in NY?

I like the look but at night it is dark. Reverse lights aren’t bright enough, when the camera is on the display is full bright so now you compete with looking out dark windows or the bright display. As we we get older the eyes don’t adjust as quick!
i’ll give it some time, maybe lighten it up.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
103 Posts
Debadged the rear finally.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Car

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
191 Posts
Still working on getting the stereo put in, but in the meantime put my roof rack back on to go camping off grid this weekend. Putting tire and hi lift jack up there tomorrow. Also installed my black chrome Jeep tips.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
103 Posts
I guess I should have left the badges on...
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

5961 - 5980 of 6140 Posts