Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
5981 - 6000 of 6140 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7
103 Posts
Damn that sucks! The good thing is that looks like easy parts to replace if there isn’t much damage under the body panels.
It looks like it's all bumper. I'll order a new one and replace it myself instead of going through insurance.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Still working on getting the stereo put in, but in the meantime put my roof rack back on to go camping off grid this weekend. Putting tire and hi lift jack up there tomorrow. Also installed my black chrome Jeep tips.
Rig looks fantastic. What size tires are you running? Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
T200's post #5977: That's "rebadged"? The Jeep logo isn't a badge?
The rear Jeep logo is recessed. It can be removed but the indentation would still be there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Like the tint, can't do that in NY State anymore unless you remove every year and re-apply to pass the NYS Vehicle Inspection that we have to do.
I had tints on my old jeep for 4 years and always just paid extra for a shop to pass me for inspection.
Usually cost me about 60-70bucks. One time the jeep dealership even did it for regular price which was surprising cause I told the rep I wasn't gonna let him talk me into any unnecessary maintenance they try throwing at you whenever you go there. He noticed the inspection sticker was gonna be up in a few weeks and called me and asked me if I wanted them to do it and I even told him about the tints and that he can't do it and he said I don't care I'll pass you anyway.
This time I went even darker on my HA with 5% all around. Trust me it shouldn't be hard to find a shop that will pass you for it for a couple extra bucks. Then again I get my down in the Bronx when I'm at work haha those guys usually don't care.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Still working on getting the stereo put in, but in the meantime put my roof rack back on to go camping off grid this weekend. Putting tire and hi lift jack up there tomorrow. Also installed my black chrome Jeep tips.
What are you going to do with hi lift jack and Grand Cherokee? Or is it for decoration like the mud splash art?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd assume he be using it if he needs to change a tire while on a trail, but that's just a guess. :)
Hi lift jack will not reach jacking points. And destroy pinch welds if it did. Unless you have Offroad Animal rock rails with hi lift jack slots all you can do with hi-lift jack and grand cherokee is to use it for decoration or damaging your car.

grand cherokee is not farm equipment or wrangler with steel bumpers bolted to the frame. it is an unibody car with just few acceptable jacking points.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi lift jack will not reach jacking points. And destroy pinch welds if it did. Unless you have Offroad Animal rock rails with hi lift jack slots all you can do with hi-lift jack and grand cherokee is to use it for decoration or damaging your car.
Fair point. When I looked at the pic, I thought I saw the telltale straight line of the Mopar rails, but now I think that was just shadow. Of course you could also lift from the hitch...maybe.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
191 Posts

grand cherokee is not farm equipment or wrangler with steel bumpers bolted to the frame. it is an unibody car with just few acceptable jacking points.
Lmao. You can lift from the hitch or rim strap. Obviously you haven’t had a high lift before...ton of uses other than just jacking up a vehicle. And yeah..looks pretty cool up there. Not sure what your point was except maybe to start a disagreement.

5981 - 6000 of 6140 Posts