Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
6001 - 6020 of 6086 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lmao. You can lift from the hitch or rim strap. Obviously you haven’t had a high lift before...ton of uses other than just jacking up a vehicle. And yeah..looks pretty cool up there. Not sure what your point was except maybe to start a disagreement.
Not looking for disagreement. I just think it is not a good tool to have when you have JGC.
Sure. you can use for winching a bit, or breaking a bead, or bash someone on the head. Or get your bones broken. Rim strap is not very useful for changing the tire though. It is just not very useful for JGC. Wrangler sure, 4Runner too, but not JGC in my opinion.
It is also heavy as **** and strapping it to the roof rack with spare wheel will pretty much put you at the max you can put on regular cross bars (150lbs!). Not to mention how this weight will affect driving dynamics. My JGC has a lot of shit on the roof and it does feel little bit more squirrelly when cornering. I haven't used it myself, but I was schooled a bit about how to use it by experienced offroaders and all I got from it, is I will not ever buy it for my car.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
191 Posts
Not looking for disagreement. I just think it is not a good tool to have when you have JGC.
Sure. you can use for winching a bit, or breaking a bead, or bash someone on the head. Or get your bones broken. Rim strap is not very useful for changing the tire though. It is just not very useful for JGC. Wrangler sure, 4Runner too, but not JGC in my opinion.
It is also heavy as **** and strapping it to the roof rack with spare wheel will pretty much put you at the max you can put on regular cross bars (150lbs!). Not to mention how this weight will affect driving dynamics. My JGC has a lot of shit on the roof and it does feel little bit more squirrelly when cornering. I haven't used it myself, but I was schooled a bit about how to use it by experienced offroaders and all I got from it, is I will not ever buy it for my car.
You must have a weak @ss JGC. The weight doesn’t affect my driving experience at all but I don’t spend a lot of time on the highway. I have a truck for that. I live on a farm and bought mine to play in the mud and go camping with friends. The rim strap isn‘t for changing tires, lmao, it‘s so you can jack up your rig to get something under the tire if needed.
Not sure why you picked my post to direct your condescending review, but ok, I’m your huckleberry. Did I respond to your post of your awning, no...even though I thought it looked ridiculous. Not knocking the awning...I have one too. It’s attached to my tent and I paid...hold on I have to think about it....oh yeah...nothing for it...it came with the tent. Lol. Deployable by....wait for it....one person by themself. And I don’t have some gawdy piece of metal strapped to the top of my Jeep that I can catch on tree limbs. Maybe there is a study somewhere that indicates that scientific data supports the hypothesis more ambient light is blocked with your awning.
So you see, what‘s good for one may not be for another. I don’t give a shat what you think about the high lift jack on a jgc. If it’s too dangerous for you stick with your awning. Have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry I do not try to sound condescending, just commenting and giving my maybe not smartest opinion.
I agree that awning on my Jeep looks ridiculous too.
I also wanted to ask about your mud splat decal because I think it looks cool, but maybe I need to shut up now.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
191 Posts
Sorry I do not try to sound condescending, just commenting and giving my maybe not smartest opinion.
I agree that awning on my Jeep looks ridiculous too.
I also wanted to ask about your mud splat decal because I think it looks cool, but maybe I need to shut up now.
Reread your comments and ask yourself how you would react had someone else responded in the same manner. Maybe to simply ask what I used the hlj for since the data you had observed indicated very little use with the jgc. Delivery can be everything when responding in online forums since it’s not face to face with syllable emphasis and facial expressions to express ones self...can be the difference between acquiring a new friend that can possibly be in your life until you die or it can offend the other individual to the point they always remember the person that responded in a negative manner.

·
Super Moderator
10,222 Posts
Folks...enough of the abusive back and forth, please. Let's move on so we don't have to start deleting a whole bunch of posts in this long-running and valuable thread or taking action on accounts.

Jim
Forum Moderator.

·
Registered
21 JGC Overland and 18 Audi SQ5
167 Posts
granite7 why did you decide on the Thule option ? I know they are the best but also the most expensive.

Probably taking a few week trip to Rocky's next winter skiing and need crossbars for our new JGC so I can put my Thule box on top and looking at options?

·
Registered
27 Posts
how long did that take you?
First time doing any kind of tints like that but it took me about 1.5 to get it on and set perfectly. Gonna need a heat gun or blow dryer to make sure the ends stick real good when you tuck them behind the headlight. They have a video of it showing the installation on the product page.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Threw an oil pressure sensor fault on my 78k mile v6 last week. I self-diagnosed it then had dealer confirm... then its game time. Dealer #1 says sorry that sensor is on backorder and the job will cost $750!!! After picking myself up off floor went to another dealer who quoted $400. Dealer #1 won't budge, going to dealer #2. Also, OEM part is available 3rd party so bringing that in myself. UGH.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Threw an oil pressure sensor fault on my 78k mile v6 last week. I self-diagnosed it then had dealer confirm... then its game time. Dealer #1 says sorry that sensor is on backorder and the job will cost $750!!! After picking myself up off floor went to another dealer who quoted $400. Dealer #1 won't budge, going to dealer #2. Also, OEM part is available 3rd party so bringing that in myself. UGH.
I think anything between $300-350 is fair. The part is $50 or less and it's probably about 2.5-3hrs of an experienced mechanic time work. They really buried that sensor on this engine. Much easier on the regular kl Cherokee, did it twice on that vehicle not looking forward to doing it on this if the time ever comes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
granite7 why did you decide on the Thule option ? I know they are the best but also the most expensive.

Probably taking a few week trip to Rocky's next winter skiing and need crossbars for our new JGC so I can put my Thule box on top and looking at options?
I’ll admit, I am a buy once cry once type of guy. So part of the decision was for the reputation of quality. It was also a decision of compatibility. We knew which kayak rack we wanted, and we wanted to be able to switch between her JGC and my truck. From her perspective, she liked the aeroblade look better than square bars or overhanging bars. So, a lot went into that decision.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
191 Posts
Yep. It's called "Sangria". Very dark purple. Looks black in shadow.
I haven’t seen this color other than in pics. I’m not a purple person but I like it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The hex socket for the caliper bolts is 11mm. Ordered the 11mm hex socket from Amazon as none of the major auto parts stores around me carried an 11mm.
Go back to the parts store and grab a T55 torx bit... the shank is 11mm. You can stick the torx bit right in there and it will do the job perfectly. Just FYI, I know you already purchased online, but for anyone else running into this problem, there's your solution.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Software update early this morning? Checked for what's new but it didn't really give any info. Version after update is also 21.11.11, is this the latest?
Gadget Font Line Material property Display device

6001 - 6020 of 6086 Posts