Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
6021 - 6040 of 6155 Posts

·
Registered
2019 WK2 Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
131 Posts
I got the same thing on 6/13. Not sure what the differences were. It took about 25-30 minutes for the install.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re "purple" cars. See posts 6014-6018.
I had a 60K 2012 Mazda3 in "Indigo Lights" (a vibrant transparent blue) to sell 2 years ago.
A car guy I know said these colors all get lumped under, "purple", generate lower demand ergo lower selling prices.
He said all I could expect from a buyer was $3,200-$3,500.
I got $6,800.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Unique color vehicles are a double edged sword. As a whole, they will have a lower resale value with the general public, so for a trade-in, or a needed quick sell, you may struggle. As long as you have a little time, odds are good you can find someone who's looking for a unique color like that, and they're probably willing to pay a bit more for it.

·
Registered
2019 WK2 Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
131 Posts
Unique color vehicles are a double edged sword. As a whole, they will have a lower resale value with the general public, so for a trade-in, or a needed quick sell, you may struggle. As long as you have a little time, odds are good you can find someone who's looking for a unique color like that, and they're probably willing to pay a bit more for it.
Exactly. That's why "colors" such as silver, grey, and white are so popular. They are perceived by the general public as more premium, and therefore easier to sell, and usually faster as well.

Personally, I wish the WK2 had a better color pallet. I think one of the best colors in recent years for Jeep was the Bikini Metallic offered on the JL Wrangler. The metallic green was good too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Personally, I wish the WK2 had a better color pallet. I think one of the best colors in recent years for Jeep was the Bikini Metallic offered on the JL Wrangler. The metallic green was good too.
There are definitely a few I would love to see on the WK2s (or I guess would love to have seen is the appropriate term now). I guess Jeep wants to keep that infinitely customizable aspect more focused on the JLs. That said, I'm pretty in love with my velvet red, so no complaints for me. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Exactly. That's why "colors" such as silver, grey, and white are so popular. They are perceived by the general public as more premium, and therefore easier to sell, and usually faster as well.

The Ranger I traded was black and lived outside. My plan was for an easier color like silver. The dealer I went to didn't have any 80th WK2s in silver. They had slate blue, which is nice and several in granite. I was thinking granite when I saw sangria and liked it because it's different. It fits in my garage, so will be easier to keep clean.

I went to check out/buy a Wrangler Willys Sport. They had 2 of them, identical in silver with the 2.0T engine. I REALLY liked the engine. It works great in that platform. It forces the automatic, which is OK, but I personally prefer a manual. They were stripped. I didn't know anybody had roll up windows in 2021! What really turned me off was no power locks, so you have to use a key to unlock, then it's push button start with a very large fob. Just seemed kind of dumb.

1 week and 150 miles on my WK2 and I really like it. Would have liked the luxury group, but it's very well equipped without it.

·
Super Moderator
10,322 Posts
Agree and it's something I've "complained" about for years. The Jeep Wrangler, Subaru Crosstrek, etc., have all enjoyed some interesting colors and some of them are not "in your face"...just nice, creamy non-metallic hues that are easy on the eyes and not one of the 50 shades of grey that are foisted on buyers of most vehicles.

Reactions: OldBlue61

·
Registered
33 Posts
That color was originally supposed to be called "Black Eye". Changed to "Hellraisin" to be less offensive. LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed a trailer hitch. I hemmed and hawed over the Mopar hitch. Ultimately bought a Reese Towpower 51195 on Amazon for $100.89. Installed in 15 minutes, including unboxing and unwrapping.

No wiring. I wanted a hitch mostly to use as a recovery point. My '21 definitely does not have the factory wiring in place.

The Mopar through the bumper hitch definitely looks better, but this allowed me to achieve that ultra-rare nexus of cheap and lazy together.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks good Clump, I got the same hitch sitting in a box that FedEx failed to notify me on. I bought mine with wiring harness, guaranteed 4 day shipping. On day 2, a wiring harness came in the mail, but no giant box. 2 days later and still nothing. A week goes by and finally I email the seller and say wtf. He emails me a separate tracking number that shows the item was delivered 3 days ago. I go back and look on my cameras and the FedEx guy tossed it over the side of my wall and didn't bother saying anything. Not even a doorbell ring. SMH.

Rant over. Today, I replaced the ABS sensor in the driver's rear. Reason for replacing? As I was doing the lift, I neglected to remove that wire from the hub, so when I unbolted the shock and everything came down, it broke that wire in half right at the sensor...so it's not even like I could solder the wires back together. If anyone's interested... it's 42 bucks from Autozone and special order only lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Swapped the stock Perelli Scorpion Verdes for Goodyear Wrangler Adventures.

Looked at a bunch of different Wrangler takeoff sets and decided sticking to stock size would work good for me, and I really like the 80th Anniversary wheels. I was going to order Falken Wildpeaks from Tire Rack, but found a great deal on Wranglers at a local tire shop.

Just a few miles so far, but happy with the swap.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Swapped the stock Perelli Scorpion Verdes for Goodyear Wrangler Adventures.

Looked at a bunch of different Wrangler takeoff sets and decided sticking to stock size would work good for me, and I really like the 80th Anniversary wheels. I was going to order Falken Wildpeaks from Tire Rack, but found a great deal on Wranglers at a local tire shop.

Just a few miles so far, but happy

Nice. Those are the same tires that come standard on the Trailhawk in 18"

·
Registered
JGC
515 Posts
Finally got around to swapping out the D Pillar speakers. Put in the Infinity Reference 3032cfx speakers. If I did it over again I would have ordered the 3022cfx which are 3 ohm speakers to match the other 7 Infinity speakers I'd put in a few years ago. The 3032cfx is 4 ohm. Don't think it really matters much in the D Pillar.
For anyone thinking of performing this swap/install, its not too difficult. Obviously, the 2nd D-Pillar went much quicker than the first one after I better understood the clips and how I'd install the speaker.
All you need is your speakers, Metra 72-7902 speaker harness, and a 6 mm nut driver. I started by removing the roof panel between the two pillars. Started pulling down on one side and worked my way to the other side. Removed the small panels in front of the D Pillars (easiest part of the install). They have just 4 clips and pop out easy. Then I pulled the D Pillar towards me (sitting in the back facing the rear) and carefully popped each clip. Also popped the clip at the bottom of the D Pillar closest to the rear so I could tilt the D Pillar down enough to remove both screws with the nut driver. Disconnect the the Mopar connector from the speaker. Add the Metra harness to the Mopar connector. As you'll be adding a 3.5" speaker where there was a 2.5" speaker, you'll only be able to use one screw. So you'll need to bend back one of the tabs so it fits. Screw in the speaker and connect the Metra harness to the speaker. On the larger connector, be careful to not push it on too tight as the housing will come in contact with the wire from the speaker capacitor and you don't want to break it. Once you have done both sides and tested the speakers, then just reverse the process snapping the panels back into place.
Yes, you can tell the difference after the swap, though, it's significantly more subtle of an impact vs. swapping out the other 7 speakers where the difference in sound quality was huge. But for less than $100 it was worth it.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6
64 Posts
Added mopar door sills. Nothing complicated here, I just drag my feet and didn’t want to keep scratching the paint. Pricey but I find these very useful in the long run.

6021 - 6040 of 6155 Posts