Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
6081 - 6100 of 6141 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Finally, after a full 10 months of waiting, my gauge pod came in from Ortiz Custom Pods.

Much better than the dash pod that it replaced.
For some reason, A-Pillar triple gauge pods are hard to come by. I would have thought, with the SRT's and the Trackhawk's out there that they would be more readily available.

View attachment 237243
Looks awesome, I love it. Do they offer it with a different gauge for the middle one? Most of us don't have much use for a "boost" gauge. Or can you just install any AEM gauges of your choice?

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,115 Posts
Added a little color with OEM Trail rated badges, plus background matches my OEM wheels. :cool:

They also make with Black background.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Hood

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
526 Posts
Looks awesome, I love it. Do they offer it with a different gauge for the middle one? Most of us don't have much use for a "boost" gauge. Or can you just install any AEM gauges of your choice?
Thanks.

Gauges are not included.
The holes are cut for any 2-1/6" gauge (I tried both AEM and Autometer, they both fit). I prefer the AEM gauges.

Ortiz Custom Pods They do offer gauges also on their website, I just went with what I know.

·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 Hemi & 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
167 Posts
I installed an OME lift on my wk2 this week. Went with the HD front coils and shocks and threw two 5mm spacers on top of the struts. On the rear I went with the HD springs but wanted to keep the nivomats so I put a 1” spacer on the top of those to essentially lengthen them. Started at 32” ground to fender in the front and 34.5” in the rear. Sitting about 35” front and 36” rear now. I also installed the RRO UCA. Alignment is perfectly in spec (the 2nd try tho, first time the shop entered the specs for a Cherokee KL and had it all aligned wrong).
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

Next up I’ve got a set of 275/65/18 wildpeaks to get put on after I get alfaobd/obd link to adjust the speedo. So far I’m extremely happy with the lift. Rides great, still handles well.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I did a test fit, winter rims/tires from a Sahara.
I need to get a set for Summer.

Have a Summer/Street set and a set for Winter/Off-Road.
... I like it. (y)

Reactions: Tj13

·
Registered
526 Posts
o_O wow, that is close. Good thing there isn't any flex right there...

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Limited
40 Posts
Geez... I love AlfaOBD! With my windows now tinted, the headlamps were coming on early, so I adjusted the settings so they should come on closer to pre-tint. The change I'm more excited to have been able to make:

ECO Mode Configuration: Reset to OFF with Ignition Key Cycle

Goodbye awful ECO mode!!!!

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,115 Posts
Geez... I love AlfaOBD! With my windows now tinted, the headlamps were coming on early, so I adjusted the settings so they should come on closer to pre-tint. The change I'm more excited to have been able to make:

I did the eco mode shut off as well about a month ago. How did you change for headlights to not come on so soon under automatic? What setting? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the eco mode shut off as well about a month ago. How did you change for headlights to not come on so soon under automatic? What setting? Thanks
Didn't have a chance to test the change yet, but I'll make some time to do that tomorrow. Also, I'll have to pull it up in AlfaOBD tomorrow to confirm, but I believe the process was:

BCM -> Car configuration change -> External light calibration: auto headlamp on threshold (and off threshold separately)

There isn't a whole lot of information on this adjustment on this or other forums, but the few posts I was able to find indicate that the point at which the headlights turn on is based on the light sensor voltage level, and that voltage level increases the darker it gets. So, to have the headlights turn on later, you need to increase the voltage setting.

Reactions: CHeYeNNe71

·
Registered
128 Posts

Does Eco mode default to being on in some models? My 2019 V6 only goes into Eco mode when I push the button for it. I did install one of those SmartStopStart modules though, to make it default to leaving that irritating "feature" off full-time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This weekend I finished installing my rock lights, installed new forward-facing and undercarriage cameras, and ran electrical to the cargo area in preparation for my permanent air compressor and tank install. Still waiting for more parts to show up for my custom steel cargo shelf I'm building for the back. Will do a photo shoot this week so I can post up some progress pics!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Does Eco mode default to being on in some models? My 2019 V6 only goes into Eco mode when I push the button for it. I did install one of those SmartStopStart modules though, to make it default to leaving that irritating "feature" off full-time.
The ECO Mode indicator is Goffy, if the light is on in the switch, then ECO Mode if off. It is set by default to be ECO Mode On with Ignition Key Cycle. So the switch would have to be pushed for the indicator light to come on, which turns ECO Mode off. :oops:

This weekend I finished installing my rock lights, installed new forward-facing and undercarriage cameras, and ran electrical to the cargo area in preparation for my permanent air compressor and tank install. Still waiting for more parts to show up for my custom steel cargo shelf I'm building for the back. Will do a photo shoot this week so I can post up some progress pics!
Where's the pictures?
Some of us need a visual to see what is going on. You know, for aesthetics and functionalities... ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
The ECO Mode indicator is Goffy, if the light is on in the switch, then ECO Mode if off. It is set by default to be ECO Mode On with Ignition Key Cycle. So the switch would have to be pushed for the indicator light to come on, which turns ECO Mode off. :oops:

Where's the pictures?
Some of us need a visual to see what is going on. You know, for aesthetics and functionalities... ;)
Huh, weird, I'll have to take a look at mine tonight and make sure the button logic is really doing what I think it is. I was pretty sure Eco mode was always off on mine, but maybe it's been on this whole time? Also maybe my SmartStopStart module I added already took care of this for me.

Definitely will post up some pics soon!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Depends on your year.

Earlier years shipped with an Eco On button (which quit making sense after a flash defaulted Eco Mode to on at every startup), while later years shipped with an Eco Off button.

Whatever the button says it does is what it does. What the light means depends on what the button says. 😜

·
Registered
40 Posts
Huh, weird, I'll have to take a look at mine tonight and make sure the button logic is really doing what I think it is. I was pretty sure Eco mode was always off on mine, but maybe it's been on this whole time? Also maybe my SmartStopStart module I added already took care of this for me.
Depends on your year.

Earlier years shipped with an Eco On button (which quit making sense after a flash defaulted Eco Mode to on at every startup), while later years shipped with an Eco Off button.

Whatever the button says it does is what it does. What the light means depends on what the button says. 😜
WK2-Overland, you could have been lucky and have had Eco Mode default to off this whole time, it could have been the module, or it could've been on this whole time haha. As phxphoto and IDoMy0wnRacing have said, Eco Mode defaulting to on seems to be the norm, regardless of which button is in place. Since you have a newer model year with the "Eco Off" button, if your Jeep starts up with that light off, then you are defaulting with Eco Mode on.

Reactions: IDoMy0wnRacing

·
Registered
2017 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 Hemi & 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
167 Posts
Added some rubber edge trim to my front bumper since I don’t run the lower fascia anymore. Like $14 on Amazon and really finishes off the edge. At first I order trim that wasn’t tall enough but the “large” trim is perfect. 10feet left only about 18inches to trim off.
Automotive tire Tread Bumper Font Audio equipment
Tire Hand Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice mod. That really finishes it off.

6081 - 6100 of 6141 Posts