Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Laredo
40 Posts
Just bought Appcar DiagFCA and within an hour had multiple mods completed...

1) Switch the brake lights from US to EU in order to have the side backup lights as turn indicators (still waiting on amber bulbs to arrive; however, it currently works with white led bulbs)
2) Enabled the SRT Performance Page on EVIC (switched back to non-SRT screens after testing it out; didn't care for the blue color scheme); was unable to activate performance pages (cycled multiple times, but still didn't appear).
3) Activated fog leds with high-beams. I upgraded my stock 2015 fish-eye halogens to the then-current dodge charger led fogs. The light output supplements the close-distance cut-off of the low/high beam cutoff on the bi-xenon setups.

Overall, very impressed with the simplicity and UI.
Which amber LED bulbs did you go with (can you link them)? I've had reds in there since I got my WK2 and they work wonderfully but now that I can make the EU mod I need good ambers that don't hyperflash.

·
Registered
Latitude X
931 Posts
Just an FYI for any 2011-2013 owners out there reading this thread.
DO NOT attempt to enable the rear amber turn signals.
It won't work.
In an older version of the software it would let you make the change, but it simply would not work.
In version 15, the software warns you that the setting is incompatible with the vehicle.
And if you don't put the settings back to 'normal', your brake lights don't work.
Everything else works just fine (marker lights, turn signals, flash to unlock, etc), but no brake lights.

However, it does work quite well if you wish to view/clear codes and setup DRLs.
For DRLs, you can choose between low beam, high beam, or fog lights.
And you can even specify the DRL voltage.
In my case I bought some LED 9005 bulbs (high beam) from Amazon for $40 (the kind that do not have a fan) and reading through the reviews, the 'manufacturer' stated that the bulbs need a minimum of 8 volts, so I set mine to 8.5 volts.
If you really look at them, you can see an occasional flicker caused by the PWM which may reduce the lifetime of the lights, but for $40 who cares. AND I have nice bright LED high beams when I need them.

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
122 Posts
For newer models like 2019/2020 anyone know what options for DRLs can be set. Standard is the low beams. I’d like to switch it over the park/turn signal and install a switchback. And can you swap out the front park/turn signal with LEDs without a resistor?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
For newer models like 2019/2020 anyone know what options for DRLs can be set. Standard is the low beams. I’d like to switch it over the park/turn signal and install a switchback. And can you swap out the front park/turn signal with LEDs without a resistor?
I have switchbacks in my 2018 WK2. I had to put resistors on the turn signal leads. I used 8.2 ohm 20 whatt resistors rather than 6 ohm. There is no need to pull a full 2A. 8 ohms will work just fine. I would wager than even 10 ohm will work.

Note that the resistors do not self heat all that much becuase the duty cycle is low.

I set my DRL to the high beams. During the day they will not cause anyone discomfort. I do not knwo if you can set the DRL to the parking lamps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Appcar DiagFCA and tried to enable my tow hitch tonight by changing 'Tow Present Parameter' from 'Not Set' to 'Set'. The app changed it successfully, but when I plugged in my 4-way tester (and also 7-way tester) to see if my brakes and signals were now working through the electrical connector for the tow hitch, the only light that was illuminated on the 7-way tester was the 12v light, so it was getting power, but no turn signals, brake lights, or hazards. I'm gonna try and reach out to Appcar b/c there are some other things I'd like to modify...the new version has SO many more options, but I want to make sure i'm selecting the right option before I accidentally mess something up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Appcar DiagFCA can be used to activate trailer lights on 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
There are 5 items that need to be changed:
ECU Config 01 - BMC Config - Trailer B/U output, Trailer Lamp, LT turn, RT turn
ECU Config 02 - BCM Features - Trailer Tow

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Their is an option to use the park/turn lamps as DRL, but the setting uses the turn side of the circuit and it’s not configurable. Using a switchback (I run VLEDS Triton) this means you get the amber signal side as DRL, not the white parking lamp side that we would want.

I went full LED on my 2018, then changed from low beam DRL at reduced brightness to fog lamp DRL at full / normal brightness. Love how it looks. The other benefit is I can turn on the parking lamps and get a nice white parking & fog-DRL look up front.

·
Registered
2020 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
122 Posts
I went full LED on my 2018, then changed from low beam DRL at reduced brightness to fog lamp DRL at full / normal brightness. Love how it looks. The other benefit is I can turn on the parking lamps and get a nice white parking & fog-DRL look up front.
I went the switchback option for the park/turn. Mine are amber when I turn on the parking lamp. They are white when I turn on the headlights but flash amber with the turn signal.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I went the switchback option for the park/turn. Mine are amber when I turn on the parking lamp. They are white when I turn on the headlights but flash amber with the turn signal.
I did the same. I really like the look of the white parking lamps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone have info on how to change:

Duration of Touch-to-Pass Turn Signal? I would like two more blinks.

Increasing Rear Wiper Intermittent Mode. I would like the timing to be longer.

Changing the steering wheel buttons (the ones on the back) activities. I would update like the volume control one the left side with the station select. (Drive a lot win left hand on steering wheel).

Thanks,
CC

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to enable the Euro lights on my 2018 High Altitude, I already installed the amber bulbs, but my JScan isn't communicating with the ECU when I "deactive Combined Rear Tail Light" or any feature for that matter... I just learned about the FCA Security Gateway Module and the security bypass cable. I'm seeing many people with 2018+ models making changes, I assume you're using the bypass cable even though you're not saying so?? Is it required to do these changes, or other specific changes only? What's the proper cable for a 2018 Grand Cherokee?

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,938 Posts
Is there anyway to make a 2014 default to eco mode OFF?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I want to enable the Euro lights on my 2018 High Altitude, I already installed the amber bulbs, but my JScan isn't communicating with the ECU when I "deactive Combined Rear Tail Light" or any feature for that matter... I just learned about the FCA Security Gateway Module and the security bypass cable. I'm seeing many people with 2018+ models making changes, I assume you're using the bypass cable even though you're not saying so?? Is it required to do these changes, or other specific changes only? What's the proper cable for a 2018 Grand Cherokee?
Yes, you need the bypass module to make any changes. I made the Euro Turn Signal changes in about 30 min with AppCar DiagFCA.

OBDLink SX USB Cable
$29.99
Amazon
Baud Rate: 115200 (Software thread #186)

Bypass Module
$69.00
Z Automotive

Good Luck,
CC

·
Registered
203 Posts
Using AlfaOBD and AppCar I have:
  • Added SRT pages
  • Changed tyres to 275/70R18 (33's) and fixed corresponding ABS errors
  • Increased Quadralift suspension offset (approx. 1inch lift)
  • Fog lights stay on with highbeam
  • Removed moving restriction from Navigation
  • ECO mode now defaults to off
  • Added DAB Radio (after also adding aftermarket DAB antenna)
  • Deflated and inflated airbags to replace Quadralift suspension components

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,938 Posts
Using AlfaOBD and AppCar I have:
  • Added SRT pages
  • Changed tyres to 275/70R18 (33's) and fixed corresponding ABS errors
  • Increased Quadralift suspension offset (approx. 1inch lift)
  • Fog lights stay on with highbeam
  • Removed moving restriction from Navigation
  • ECO mode now defaults to off
  • Added DAB Radio (after also adding aftermarket DAB antenna)
  • Deflated and inflated airbags to replace Quadralift suspension components
Do you recall which program was able to change the ECO setting and where the setting was at?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts