Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo after having a Liberty for several years. Anyway, over the last few months the Jeep has been randomly stalling when I am stopped at a stop light or waiting in traffic. It is as if someone just turned the key off. Everything dead. I turn the key and it fires back up, usually with the first try. Yesterday though for the first time I was getting on the highway getting up to speed (doing about 50) when it just died. I was still able to steer, thankfully, and managed to get pulled off to the side. There was a check gages light illuminated. I put the car in park turned the key to the off position then back on and it fired right up. Has anyone had the same problem? I am not mechanically inclined at all and I would like to get an idea what it might be before I go to a shop. It is doubtful that the problem could be replicated because it is so random. Please help. Any useful advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sportyjo

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!! I would check the ground wire first. You might be best to post this question the WJ sections of the forums as you will get more hits on your question.. Good luck

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Not a problem..just trying to help to get your question answered.

·
Premium Member
WJ Limited
4,825 Posts
Welcome to the JG!! Check the WJ Section and there's other posts there about people having the same issue as you seem to be having.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.