Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the mode to purchase a 2020 Trailhawk (5.7L Hemi) during this month (May). That is if I can work around the COVID lockdown issues.

Can anyone tell me what might be expected for "Memorial Day" sales? Are there added rebates/incentives? I really don't know what to expect ... my last new car purchase was a 2004 Jeep Liberty.

I expect the May rebate/incentives to show up after the 4th. From what I've seen the April rebates have been extended until then.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
I would expect that the current financing incentives will continue. As far as the concept of "Sale"...that's going to be up to local dealers and whether or not they 1) can operate...some states are just starting to reopen auto sales but many of those are "online only" and 2) availability of inventory. The plant that produces 800+ JGCs a day has been shut down for quite a while now and is not going to reopen as originally planned early this month. So supply is going to be a big factor on deals. What the dealer has is what the dealer has and those that have been open for business and selling vehicles are not going to have their normal supply on-hand with nothing coming in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. I'm seeing online sales locally, but I'm getting push back on test driving anything unless I already have the 'deal' done ... what the heck. I wanted to test drive a 3.6L and 5.7L Trailhawk before making a final decision. I'm leaning towards the 5.7L, but wanted do a hands on evaluation. The local dealerships tout a sterile test drive (clean before and after), but apparently with lots of other stipulations.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,286 Posts
Thanks Jim. I'm seeing online sales locally, but I'm getting push back on test driving anything unless I already have the 'deal' done ... what the heck. I wanted to test drive a 3.6L and 5.7L Trailhawk before making a final decision. I'm leaning towards the 5.7L, but wanted do a hands on evaluation. The local dealerships tout a sterile test drive (clean before and after), but apparently with lots of other stipulations.
Do you want to smile every time you push the button or just meh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ... I do look for the "smile". Guess that was why I was leaning towards the 5.7L engine. I just didn't know how big the smile might be relative to a 3.6L 'smile'. 😰

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got myself a 20 Trailhawk with a 3.6
The 5.7 was another 3K + and I was plenty happy with the deal I received for this one.
Don't know if their will be any more deals other than the 0%/84 months or some decent rebates.
Not exactly alot to chose from in my area
Negotiated a price and then they went and found the color/options I wanted
Best bet is to get a couple dealers to negotiate against each other.
Got bottom line price for the new one and then we talked trade-in
Trade in a 17 Black out Altitude, 1 dealer offered 20K, other 23K
All told, dealer 2 was 4500 less than the other one
ended up 19% off MSRP before trade-in
Good luck and the Trailhawk is awesome!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well the dealers in southern california either dont seem interested in selling cars as they do not call you back, or they just are not willing to make a deal, or at least what i would consider a deal considering the current state of the economy and uncertainty moving forward I have been trying to purchase for the last 2 weeks, only ones that have actually called or e-mailed me back have given me the dealer discount they have posted online and have not moved one more penny to try to make a deal work out, dealer discount has ranged about $2500, plus some incentives of almost $4000...but still feels like there should be more money off MSRP during this time...i mean what is that with some extra incentives i found? 15%. Just does not feel like they really care if they sell or not...i hate buying cars from dealers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well ... I do look for the "smile". Guess that was why I was leaning towards the 5.7L engine. I just didn't know how big the smile might be relative to a 3.6L 'smile'. 😰
Trust me, it isn't much different. I test drove one of each before I bought my 2018 3.6L.

Hopefully, a dealer will let you do the same and you can decide for yourself.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
but still feels like there should be more money off MSRP during this time.
Constrained supply...zero new vehicles coming in...they will cheerfully wait for a customer willing to pay a little more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trust me, it isn't much different. I test drove one of each before I bought my 2018 3.6L.

Hopefully, a dealer will let you do the same and you can decide for yourself.
Likewise I have gone back to back and then back, v8, v6, v8...the V6 is quicker initial then trails off a little bit the faster you go, the v8 is slower to start but carries power through 100mph. I get the appeal of the v8 for consistent towing perhaps and just to say you have a HEMI, but the v6 is definitely more than adequate and IMO better for everyday driving conditions.

Constrained supply...zero new vehicles coming in...they will cheerfully wait for a customer willing to pay a little more.
No doubt I am now looking used for better value, still looking forward to owning my first JGC and now even more excited to do so at a discount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1st dealer offer on my Trailhawk.
0%/84 months = 46,488.00
rebates and Chrysler financing = 42,738.00

Only option I wanted was the luxury group
This is not the dealer I went with
Ended up agreeing at 41.5K ish with dealer #2

And there wasn't a TrailHawk within 50 miles of here with that option and the color I wanted
Once I agreed on everything, then they went and found it
Definitely willing to wheel and deal here in the Midwest

Gave me 23K for my 17 Altitude with 46K miles on it, super clean vehicle
Listed on the lot now for 27,400.00

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FWIW: Looks like the current rebates have been extended unchanged until 6/1/2020
  • 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1 - $2,000
  • National 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1 - $500
  • Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash (Must finance through Chrysler) 20CL5 - $750

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kind of figured that might happen, this is what they did at the beginning of May as well. They extended from 5/1-5/4 because they did not have the May promotions ready yet (allegedly), or they are just playing games acting like the good deals are ending to try to get buyers to buy under threat of changing promotions...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Actually it looks like an additional $500 is available for Memorial Day...

In Southern California I am seeing expiring 6/1, plus if you have any of the personal incentives they might apply as well (job, or club related):

GET UP TO
$3,750 Cash Allowance
ON A 2020 GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE 4X4
2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1 $2000
Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5[2] $750
CABC Memorial Day CCAP 2019 Bonus Cash CACLR[3] $500
National 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1[4] $500
Total Cash Allowance $3750

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Actually it looks like an additional $500 is available for Memorial Day...

In Southern California I am seeing expiring 6/1, plus if you have any of the personal incentives they might apply as well (job, or club related):

GET UP TO
$3,750 Cash Allowance
ON A 2020 GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE 4X4
2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1 $2000

Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5[2] $750

CABC Memorial Day CCAP 2019 Bonus Cash CACLR[3] $500

National 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1[4] $500

Total Cash Allowance $3750
The Memorial Day Bonus Cash seems to be for 2019 ... I don't see that one for 2020.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's been an extra $500 on Altitudes here (we are in the Denver region here on the MO/KS border) since February.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the mode to purchase a 2020 Trailhawk (5.7L Hemi) during this month (May). That is if I can work around the COVID lockdown issues.

Can anyone tell me what might be expected for "Memorial Day" sales? Are there added rebates/incentives? I really don't know what to expect ... my last new car purchase was a 2004 Jeep Liberty.

I expect the May rebate/incentives to show up after the 4th. From what I've seen the April rebates have been extended until then.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Can’t go wrong with the Hemi. Love mine.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 HEMI
22 Posts
I was looking at a new 2020 GC Trailhawk last week. Deals weren’t great. $42,000 basically for 3.6. As I was test driving got a call from another dealer. 2019 with 13,000 miles. 5.7 Hemi with every option for $37,000. I bought it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was looking at a new 2020 GC Trailhawk last week. Deals weren’t great. $42,000 basically for 3.6. As I was test driving got a call from another dealer. 2019 with 13,000 miles. 5.7 Hemi with every option for $37,000. I bought it.
wow ... Great deal!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts