Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking at buying a 2018/2019 WK2 Upland or Altitude and I would like to know what should be my expectation on prices (before taxes, tags, fees)?

So far I have looked at a new 2019 Altitude (sunroof, 8.4 Uconnect) and a new 2018 Upland (same as Altitude without the leather) and both dealerships looked at me like I had worms coming out of my ears when I told them what I wanted to pay.

I told both dealerships I wanted to be close to $30k out the door; taxes are 4% + $150 tags + $900 dealer doc fee.

For the 2019 - the dealer said it was not possible and did not even ask if I could do better. I just left.
For the 2018 - they advertised it for $31k online, but there magic number was closer to $36k out the door. The lowest they were going to go was $34k out the door.

I guess I need a reality check to see if what I think should be paying is even obtainable.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Depends on where you are and how much of a rush you're in ...

·
Super Moderator
8,226 Posts
You're not going to have very many choices with these older model years if you want "new"...MY20 has been out since mid-summer. That said, Bubba is correct...if you wait long enough you might get lucky, but dealers are not going to just give them away. JGCs are very popular and they know someone will pay what they are asking.

BTW, Upland and Altitude are both Laredo based packages, but the leather isn't the only difference. You can see what the content is at WK2Jeeps dot com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts