Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there anything sensitive above the headliner in the Jeep?

I am looking to install the below light mount for my volunteer FD position. Im wondering if the metal bracket will damage anything or if it would even fit.

The idea is that it just slides under the headliner starting at the front windshield and then it is sort of wedged up there securely. Anything I should be concerned about?

STAR ULB9 Dash Light Headliner Bracket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1BG9Smcwvf8

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
I dropped my headliner but left the front attached, don't specifically recall anything at the front but I still think you'd have some trouble sliding it in place without dropping the headliner

fwiw, to drop it you have to remove the visors and grab handles as well as the trim pieces - not a huge job. those lights are very light though, you could probably fab a couple brackets that wouldn't go that far in or just put it on the top of the dash (or get a flip down visor style)

·
Super Moderator
9,954 Posts
Be careful with wiring "up there" in the front... ;)

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s my fear! Don’t want to screw any wiring up there.

Supposedly the bracket is thin enough that it literally just slides up there. Might just be better to get an interior visor lightbar instead even though it blocks a good portion of the top of the windshield.

·
Super Moderator
9,954 Posts
Given the "recalls of recalls" on wiring in that general area...it's good you're being cautious. I've never seen one with the headliner pulled (I wasn't there when mine had the recalls done) so I don't have personal knowledge about whats-where, unfortunately.

Reactions: protect1989

·
Registered
298 Posts
oh man, i hope you don't have to drill into the roof at all, that's such a beautiful jeep! is there no way to use the roof rails, or get a rack and modify it?

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh man, i hope you don't have to drill into the roof at all, that's such a beautiful jeep! is there no way to use the roof rails, or get a rack and modify it?
Not drilling into the roof at all. This is all interior. The visor lightbar is held up by the mounts for the flip down visor. The link that I posted slides inbetween the headline and the roof on the interior.

Not sure which way I’m going to go just yet or what I’m going to purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts