Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: I removed one option since after receiving the spacer, it did not appear to be as advertised. They also arrived to me damaged. The studs were labeled as 12.9 instead of 10.9 and after finding a few of these same spacers with other sellers, I don't think these are US made as they claim. Whether intentional or not, there seems to be a bit of misinformation in their product listing. I am removing these from here as I won't recommend them.

I recently picked up a 2018 WK2 and was looking to add wheels spacers. Going back through nearly a decade of posts here and researching what my best options were, I thought I would let everyone know what I've found so hopefully it helps someone save time and not spend hours reading like I did. I'll speak specifically for the 1.25" spacers since they seem to be the most common size.

There seems to be 2 quality brands of spacers to choose from. Both are hub and wheel centric which is what you will need for the 2011-21 WK2.

1.) Motorsport-tech (BORA) spacers - (Current pricing - $278 shipped). Everyone knows of these. They are the pinnacle of spacers for our Jeeps because of the long reputation they have of making quality parts. Not much else to add here.

After this is where it got tricky. There are a bunch of spacers out there with not much info on them. I'm a gambling man, but these are not something I wanted to take a chance on.

2.) Titan spacers - (Current pricing - $99.50 shipped) I saw a lot of talk about these when searching on this forum. The only problem I noticed was no one has any specs and the company website doesn't list any. Well, their ebay site sure does!

Description:
- Brand New Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacers / Adapters
- T6061 Billet / CNC Machined

-These are Hubcentric Wheel Spacers, And Wheel Centric (THERE IS A LIP ON THE OUTSIDE EDGE FOR THE WHEEL TO SET ONTO)
- Comes with everything needed to install spacers onto vehicle
- These are designed to push the wheels out 1.25" from your stock setting
- Mainly used to give your vehicle an aggressive stance, and will help with any clearance issues (if present)
- Comes with 10.9 grade pressed in wheel studs and open ended lugs that have a 14x1.5 pitch

These seem to be made out of quality parts. The only concern I can note is that even though it doesn't say so, I'd bet these are Chinese made spacers. That's not necessarily a bad thing as companies like Quadratec use Chinese made products for their house brand Jeep spacers and I don't think they would sell them if there was any safety issue.

Titan spacers are the ones to get if you want a quality spacer and to save the most money. Be careful of the set on Amazon. They are a little cheaper at $80 but the part number says they are silver, (Manufacturer Part Number: 32mm-jeep-5x5-hc715-silver-1415-4) yet the pics show them as black and some of the review pics show silver spacers. If you wanted black anodized, then it may be a toss up of what you get.

Every other spacer I ran across either didn't have the correct studs, didn't list build materials, are no longer in business, or were not hub centric. Hope this helps everyone in their search.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
337 Posts
Nice write up but IMO you're missing the best brand called Spidertrax. Far better known in the off-road world and coming from the Wrangler world there's no other option if you use them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice write up but IMO you're missing the best brand called Spidertrax. Far better known in the off-road world and coming from the Wrangler world there's no other option if you use them.

Thanks and you are correct, spidertrax are great spacers. The only reason I didn't mention them is because I was only able to find them in 1.75 " specifically for the WK2 and no other sizes.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
37 Posts
I work in the aerospace industry, making forged aluminum/titanium parts for both military and commercial aircraft. I see no mention of the Titan spacers being forged. Based on that fact alone I would personally stay away from them, and go with either of the first two.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I work in the aerospace industry, making forged aluminum/titanium parts for both military and commercial aircraft. I see no mention of the Titan spacers being forged. Based on that fact alone I would personally stay away from them, and go with either of the first two.
@OldBlue61 I did a little research. It appears forging is the process of making a solid block of aluminum. Billet refers to the solid block of aluminum that is being cut to make the part. If you have a part made from billet aluminum, then you in essence have a part that was initially forged. Please correct me if I am wrong since I only read this on the internet.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
37 Posts
In general terms, a billet is a solid length of material that has been extruded or cast into a shape. A forging is a part made by heating the material (though it can be done at room temperature as well) and using force to form into a shape, significantly strengthening the part by aligning the grain flow of the material. The company I work has multiple forging presses, from 8k tons up to 50k. These are used to make some of the largest forgings in the world, used on almost every aircraft (other then Russian) in the world. We also make forged automotive and class 8 truck wheels by the same process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts