Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

my car is GC 2017 trailhawk 3.6 , currently i'm on 70,000km ,

when do I change the spark plugs ?

·
Registered
Rubicon
78 Posts
In the 3.6 Pentastar it is recommended at 100,000 miles I believe. I don't know that I would wait that long though. I'm planning on using these plugs when I do though.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,812 Posts
The Owner's Manual (O.M.) in your glove box, or you can download it from the Jeep Website, will tell you exactly when you should change the spark plugs and which one to use.....

The manufacturers can use different kinds of plugs and change those plugs, so whats good for one M/Y V6 might not be good for another M/Y.....

I "think", meaning I could be wrong, all the WK2 3.6L V6's use iridium plugs from the factory, and are good till 100k miles.... ...check your O.M., like your supposed to, and make sure.....

I see posts about folks having problems with spark plugs other than the exact same as OEM, but I haven't seen any for the WK2, so this might not be a problem for the 3.6L V6 and 5.7L V8, but I lean toward getting the exact plugs recommended in the O.M.....

Remember, copper plugs (means a copper conductor in the center of the plug) are steel electrodes, they last the shortest...

Platinum last longer, and double platinum even longer, but some ignition systems, like the Hemi has, you really need to use double platinum (platinum on the tip of each electrode, not one like single platinum) the reverse current flow of half the plugs actually eats away single platinum faster than regular steel tipped copper plugs....

Iridium lasts the longest, usually 90k-100k miles, depending on the engine, the O.M. says 100k for the 3.6L V6......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maintenance schedule says on page 447 in the manual says 100,000 miles. I'm probably going to do them at about 50k.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU
4 Posts
When do I change the spark plugs on a diesel model?

I'm waiting..............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts