Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 38 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
What was wrong about my statement? If the order banks are not open than giving the dealer is order is nothing. It just means they will write down what you want and probably take a deposit on something they can't even order yet. I guess I don't understand the logic in that.
Do you think he will call you the moment the order bank opens, or will he be too busy placing orders? If I really want a car, I want my order put in first, not last. There will be an allotment, you know.

· Registered
294 Posts
When dealers talk about dealer cost it means invoice. They don't include holdback in that or even like to talk about holdback.
You are so naive. My Grandfather owned a Chrysler dealership. My Father owned a Mercedes dealership. My older brother was the parts manager at an Audi dealership. My younger brother was the sales manager at a Cadillac dealership. Dealer cost never means invoice. Invoice means invoice. Dealer cost means invoice plus advertising, plus floor plan interest, plus sales commission, plus anything else. In other words, dealer cost means whatever the dealer wants it to mean. Invoice is a term that always means the same thing. :slapfight:

· Registered
294 Posts
Dealer cost is always LESS than invoice. Once you exhaust the holdback cost do you get to true dealer cost. $500 over cost is fair if they're referring to $500 over invoice. Highly doubt there will be any initial incentives.
Dealers (like politicians) choose their words carefully. Invoice means what the factory billed him for the vehicle. Cost means invoice plus the pro rata share of whatever expenses he estimates are necessary to sell cars.

· Registered
294 Posts
The product trainer we had in-store yesterday said the Trailhawk will be later than the other models, but not as late as the Dart performance model.

She also indicated we still have a couple of months to wait before ordering is available to dealers, but there will be some spec models shipped early so we will see them on lots sooner than we could receive any factory orders we might create.
I am beginning to wonder if the 2014 will be ready for 2014. :(

· Registered
294 Posts
This is exactly what the product trainer I mentioned said. Something like "we wouldn't be having a problem if we hadn't given out target dates." You would think they would understand the old adage that all of us in sales have been taught: underpromise and overdeliver! :)
I am showing my age here, but I remember when Chrysler told its dealer network "the new Plymouth will be a 'baby Imperial'". That was a classic case of over promise and under deliver.

· Registered
294 Posts
I guess people are itching to order a Trailhawk now is so they are first on the block to have one?
I have confidence that the Cherokee will be a great vehicle. I am not sure it is good for me. I am going to "kick the tires" on one before I consider buying it... pre-built or ordered. My current vehicle is paid for... so no hurry.
Same here. :thumbsup:

· Registered
294 Posts
I basically said this earlier to others here and got ripped for it. I am very intrigued by the new Cherokee but I want to actually see it and test drive it in person, not to mention give it a while to let the bugs show, before buying one if I decide it is a vehicle for me. Special ordering a new model before you have ever even seen one seems odd to me.
I guess your detractors would be willing to "buy a pig in a poke." :eek:

· Registered
294 Posts
"Chrysler postponed next week’s media preview of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee because of an electronic issue controlling the engineand an industry-first nine-speed transmission, the company said Monday."

From the Detroit Free Press (7/30/2013) :(

1 - 12 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.