Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am interested in buying some 2014 SRT 8 headlights for my 2014 Overland. I love the blacked out look and I want to buy a pair and use them for a project with either better projectors or clear leanness on the existing projectors. The only problem is, I dont know where to find them. Can some one point me in the right direction please? :thumbsup: Thanks!!!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT headlight and grille photo

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
give justforjeeps a call. If anyone can get them yet...they can

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to find out if I can get them. I asked a body shop guy today and he found the regular overland HID's but they were like $700 each!

·
Registered
'15 GC High Altitude
308 Posts
I need to find out if I can get them. I asked a body shop guy today and he found the regular overland HID's but they were like $700 each!
What did you expect? :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did I expect? Or what did I hope for? Lol. Two very different answers!

Those were not for the SRT headlamps either. I wonder if there is actually any functional difference between the two, other than color...

·
Registered
783 Posts
I would like to do this swap as well, but ouch at that price tag.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What did I expect? Or what did I hope for? Lol. Two very different answers!

Those were not for the SRT headlamps either. I wonder if there is actually any functional difference between the two, other than color...
Ya I'm wondering if the difference is just the color as well an that's it.....everytime I see a 12-13 SRT the light output seems abit different then the regular 11-13 jeep output, was there something different in those two?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
The SRT's function a tad different. The leds in the headlamps only function when headlamps are on.

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
The SRT's function a tad different. The leds in the headlamps only function when headlamps are on.
But does anyone know if that's a function of the lamp itself, or the way the relays or computer is set up in the SRT? Could be that putting an SRT headlamp in an Overland or Summit and the DRLs would work, maybe, I don't know.

·
Registered
Audi
207 Posts
But does anyone know if that's a function of the lamp itself, or the way the relays or computer is set up in the SRT? Could be that putting an SRT headlamp in an Overland or Summit and the DRLs would work, maybe, I don't know.
Not sure... I think with the SRT the drls in the headlamp does not turn on when vehicle is in motion, the bumper drls come on instead. They only work with parking lights. However they do turn on with headlamps.

So not sure if that would pose a problem when installed in the overland..?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.