Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I have a friend who wanted to race his 2007 ram 2500 Cummins. Says he has a few mods and is making 500hp and 1000lbs as a manual. Not sure if it’s true but the torque sound about right if tuned correctly. And I have a 2007 Wk Jeep with a 5.7 hemi. Diablo performance tune, and mbrp exhaust (have no idea how much hp in it) He wanted to race at 40 but not from a dig. I know those turbos will start spooling and he will be gone. Only race from a dig is from his mustang which is a v6. Is their any chance I could keep up, or do I need to mod more or get a Srt8 😂?

·
Registered
Limited
91 Posts
I had a 2006 Ram Cummins and had a programmer on it and it would run a 10.8 second 1/4 mile. If your Jeep won't break 13 seconds I wouldn't try it. I have a 2017 5.7 Hemi and I know I wouldn't be able to stay up with a tuned Cummins. So watch out if you try it. But have fun doing it.

·
Registered
2020 WK2 Limited X
150 Posts
Too many variables, but I raced from a roll a built Ram 2500 diesel, with a ton of mods with my stock 392 Charger.........I never saw him after the punch I walked him. So really to hard to tell.

Race safely

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a 2006 Ram Cummins and had a programmer on it and it would run a 10.8 second 1/4 mile. If your Jeep won't break 13 seconds I wouldn't try it. I have a 2017 5.7 Hemi and I know I wouldn't be able to stay up with a tuned Cummins. So watch out if you try it. But have fun doing it.
Dang man that thing moves. What did you do to it I’d you mind me asking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also how about the v6 2012 mustang. Flat stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too many variables, but I raced from a roll a built Ram 2500 diesel, with a ton of mods with my stock 392 Charger.........I never saw him after the punch I walked him. So really to hard to tell.

Race safely
Well 392 is a monster. My next car for sure after I get a srt8 Jeep. But what would you think about the v6 mustang from a dig. With toy hemi Jeep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts