Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the title says it all... Why no Trailhawk section?

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's right below the Laredo section.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
I think the title says it all... Why no Trailhawk section?
If you mean a separate forum area, we only delineate SRT and TrackHawk because they are unique vehicles from the normal JGC lineup and have a particular audience. Trailhawk is essentially an appearance package trim level "very close" to the Limited...it's the same as any other JGC capability-wise when equipped the same way.

Jim
Forum Moderator

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
If you mean a separate forum area, we only delineate SRT and TrackHawk because they are unique vehicles from the normal JGC lineup and have a particular audience. Trailhawk is essentially an appearance package trim level "very close" to the Limited...it's the same as any other JGC capability-wise when equipped the same way.

Jim
Forum Moderator
This doesn't sound like it's only an appearance package

"Trailhawk-exclusive version of Grand Cherokee's Quadra-Lift air suspension, enhancing both articulation and flex."

·
Registered
143 Posts
The QL can be had with other models. I believe the only thing Trailhawk-specific would be the springs.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
This doesn't sound like it's only an appearance package

"Trailhawk-exclusive version of Grand Cherokee's Quadra-Lift air suspension, enhancing both articulation and flex."
That was in the original marketing materials, but the Off Road Adventure Pack II option for other trims seems to have identical characteristics in the specifications since the current version of the Trailhawk has been available. I suspect they didn't want the cost of producing two versions... ;) Shareholder value and all that... :eek:

·
Registered
546 Posts
You do get your very own hood decal and red tow hooks to make you feel special though. May not be enough for your own section, lol.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I think to keep calling it an "appearance package" is not very accurate. Tires, QL, QD2, QT2, very supportive seats are all performance. It's the equivalent of calling a Hemi an appearance package. Even the hood decal is suppose to functionally reduce glare when the car is at different angles off road (but I won't argue that point.)

An example of an appearance package to me is an Altitude.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think the reason for not having it's own section is that QL, QD2 and QT2 are all shared on other trim levals as well as the tow package, tow hooks, sound system. The uniqueness comes from the hood decal, seat stitching and bolstering, and body badging. The TH also shares the same power plant as offered on other trim levels for the exception of the SRT and Trackhawk which makes them a breed of their own.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think the reason for not having it's own section is that QL, QD2 and QT2 are all shared on other trim levals as well as the tow package, tow hooks, sound system. The uniqueness comes from the hood decal, seat stitching and bolstering, and body badging. The TH also shares the same power plant as offered on other trim levels for the exception of the SRT and Trackhawk which makes them a breed of their own.
Sorry, forgot the tires are A/T Kevlar lined.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'm not concerned about it not having it's own section, it's the term "appearance package" that is not accurate. Again the Hemi can be had in many trim levels. Is the Hemi an appearance package? The package that makes up the Trailhawk is mostly functional.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SRT and Trackhawk are trim levels that share many of the same components that other trims of the Grand Cherokee have as well.

Now that that is settled.

My question shall remain unanswered... carry on...

Reactions: nagol18

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think someone hit a soft spot, lol. I'm just kidding with you and do understand where your coming from. The trail hawk is somewhat unique in its own way and if I owned one I would think that it does stand out from the crowd. I have a limited so I'm just stuck in the middle of the pack, lol.

·
Registered
Trailhawk
147 Posts
Owning a Trailhawk myself I think is would be great to have a place to talk about the pluses, mods and issues related to this specific model. I bought mine because it is unique.

Maybe it's marketing but hell, I like that it stands out among the other models. I suggest it gets its own section and see how it pans out. What could it hurt?

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Sorry, forgot the tires are A/T Kevlar lined.
They are the same tires that come with the current version of the Off-Road Adventure Package II on other trims that offer it.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Maybe it's marketing but hell, I like that it stands out among the other models. I suggest it gets its own section and see how it pans out. What could it hurt?
Adding more sections to the forum results in more work for the administrators and moderators... ;) It's hard enough for us to get folks to post in the "correct" places as it is!

Reactions: Cerebus

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm for anything that helps promote Grand Cherokee Off Road.
While not a platform would the "Off Road" make sense to be the TrailHawk home.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Honestly if people are asking for a Trailhawk section, why not a Summit section? Oh yes- a Summit section for those who don't "off road". Seriously folks, Trailhawk issues and off roading stuff can easily be supported in this WK2 section.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I'm thnking about trading my 2013 Wrangler 10A for a 2018 Trailhawk....

I would appreciate a Trailhawk forum... I'm stuck on options I want.

To put it in perspective, Jeep Garage has a special forum for the GCSRT8, correct?

How many Jeep SRT8's do you see everyday?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts