Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should be similar? I know intake and oil pan I believe will have to be swapped?

more am I wrong and won’t bolt up etc?

valve drop on my 07 and motor is trash trying to find cheapest options..

·
Registered
2006 WK Overland
2,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorrry you dropped a valve. That's not normally too common on the 07's.....more common on the 05-06's. You're right, they're interchangeable, but you will have to swap some components off of your engine onto the Aspen one before you install it. It should be very obvious when you sit them side by side. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
2006 WK Overland
2,045 Posts
You will still have to swap some components. The truck intake manifolds are different too. The other fairly significant difference is the coil setup. I am pretty sure the 05 trucks still have spark plug wires like the 05 passenger vehicles. If that's the case, you'll have to switch the valve covers and coils to your late model stuff, as they're completely different. I did pretty much the same thing with my 05 Hemi Magnum when I switched the early setup with the wires over to the later model setup without the wires. Anolther thing you may want to verify is whether the 05 "truck" Hemi has an EGR Valve like your 07. My guess it that it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts