Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been reading on the "other site" that after "early 2006" the calipers were bigger and they won't fit without spacers...

I'm trying to find a solution that is relatively inexpensive that will fit without spacers, I don't want to risk the danger of spacers just to have bigger tires since this is my DD and I rarely go off road

·
Registered
66 Posts
I learned the hard way that spacers are required for MOABs on an 06 WK. But Im not sure what year they are. I think I have 3/8" of 5/16" spacers on the front and none on the back.

·
natural born world shaker
2,692 Posts
Invest in a pair of spidertrax spacers and you will be fine. The stigma of spacers comes from the crap you can buy on eBay. I solid pair of spidertrax won't give you any issues especially if you don't beat on them off road. I have used them for years and never had a problem. Only spacers I will ever buy. Just tighten them to spec and never let a cowboy with an compressor torque them and you are golden.

·
Registered
Altitude
2,745 Posts
They will fit AFTER you get spacers. 1/4" spacers up front are all that is required if you plan on running the stock JK tires and those rims.

I went with 1.25" spacer because im rolling on 265's.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2006 WK
87 Posts
Well I can tell you one thing. My dad has an 08 Limited and we tried putting his rims on mine, and mine on his. His fit on mine but my rims were not big enough to clear his calipers...just food for thought...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts