Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - I've seen plasti-dip and vinyl, but I have another idea...but I have to get it off to do it.

Does anyone have documentation on how to get the exterior chrome window trim off? Can it be done without destroying it? I like the pdf Milous has on the interior disassemble procedures, and I've seen one for the front bumper as well - is there one for the windows?

Similar question, anyone have the part numbers for all the trim pieces around the windows?

·
Registered
Trailhawk
1,011 Posts
I believe the exterior is held on by super sticky tape and if tried to take off would be ruined. Everyone including myself in the near future wrap it on the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the exterior is held on by super sticky tape and if tried to take off would be ruined. Everyone including myself in the near future wrap it on the vehicle.
If that is the case I may have to look into a full replacement then. Cost will certainly come into play on whether I can do what I envision.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 4x4
393 Posts
went couldn't you just replace the double-sided tape on the trim?

·
Premium Member
2018 JGC Limited
548 Posts
went couldn't you just replace the double-sided tape on the trim?

The tape is so sticky it would most likely bend the chrome trim piece when you try and remove it. Even with heat it would be tough to get it off without damaging the trim.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
I saw some pricing somewhere....depending on the piece they are $60-120 each retail. I believ the rear 1/4 panels pieces are part of the window.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I may have found some vinyl that I will try. I'll be getting some samples this week.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
I used the 3M 180 scotchprint in gloss black. probably the best vinyl Ive ever seen and my vinyl guys said it was the best and super easy to use. I bought a 60" wide roll. I may use it on my roof too. Looks like glossy black paint.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I remember that from your thread. My problem is I'm thinking something that's not black... If the sample doesn't look right that will be the direction I go though.

Does the vinyl you have match the black on the b-pillars pretty well?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
yes....matches the pillars perfect

Reactions: Lankness

·
Premium Member
9,281 Posts
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT - chrome side window trim

Front Left 55399291AD $72.85
Front Right 55399290AD $72.85

Rear Left 55399293AD $70.70
Rear Right 55399292AD $24.25 (unsure why this one is priced so low)

Quarter Left GEG 68213835AB (includes glass) (unpriced/backordered)
Quarter Right GEG 68213834AB (includes glass) (unpriced/backordered)

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good guess...but the I haven't seen CF vinyl that looks decent. And having BlackOps make some replacements is beyond my checkbook ;)

I will say that all the chrome will be gone.

·
Premium Member
Limited X
331 Posts
The problem is the rear quarter. It includes the glass which is ridiculous and very costly. The upper windows along the doors etc, if destroyed when removing, wouldn't be to costly to replace. The lower ones along the doors are screwed in and should come off easier. What makes this route unviable is that damn rear quarter!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
any glas company can remove the rear quarter glass.....I had it done on my 2006.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts