Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee /Hemi and Qaudra-Trac II, 77k miles.

Just purchased the vehicle used, had a 2010 Commander w/ Qaudra-Trac I before.

Its not making any noise, well since I've replaced the Stabilizer Bar end links, its more a feeling and reaction of the driveline.

You can feel the driveline "wind-up" a bit under some conditions of big torque changes. Sometimes pulling out quickly from a stop or shifting gears.... ...a big change in torque on the driveline, either unloading or loading on the torque....

The you can feel, like something is shifting a bit and letting off the torque....

On the WK/XK, the front differential bushings were notorious for wearing out and creating this. I had it on my XK, and you can feel the shift, sometime noise in the front of the vehicle.

This feels/sounds like the center of the vehicle at the XFR case. Its not bad, it just enough to be noticeable and make power transfer less than flawless while driving around.

Are there any bushings that commonly wear out, does anyone recognize this? If I had to guess, I'd suspect the trans mount is letting the transfer case, end of the trans/beginning of the drive shafts shift around more than they should, is this common on the WK2?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone have had to replace a bushing in the drivertrain? Anyone have to replace a transmission mount? What was it like before replacing it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts