Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GC Overland
16 Posts
There are some white plastic hex bolts that are for the adjustment. You can see them through the oval slits in the black plastic trim above the headlight assembly. You will need a long 7/32 hex wrench to reach them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
correct, they adjust just like the oem lights. However, what I don't recal lis whether or not they have horizontal adjustments or not as the bumper would need to be removed to access this area.

Kronological...i totally get what you're saying and adjusting them up will help dramatically but when doing so, you may blind oncoming traffic. I think the issue is the "cutoff" is so drastic that there's very little visible light output beyond the cutoff on the road. good cutoff is good outside of the road view but it does seem like these cut off too much straight out. I've adjusted mine many times but end up getting flashed but what I don't know is if it's truly the actual light pattern that's blinding oncoming traffic or if it's the random hotspots that seem to shine upward.

I'm running D2S bulbs which might be part of the problem. I know they are similar but I wonder if a true H7 bulb would work better?

What bulb type are you using?

I too would like to see wall night pics to compare to my pic above.

here is another pic of mine with both Winn Lights and D2s HID bulbs installed. You can clearly see the vertical hotspots...Winn didn't have any answers when I asked them directly. Again H7 bulbs might be better but have yet to see any other posts showing light display and output.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Re: Winpower headlight install and pitfalls

I’m happy with them but need to drastically adjust them up. I installed completely and am not immediately seeing where to adjust the level. If anyone can remind me I’d appreciate it.
what bulbs are you using? Do you have any pics against wall showing light pattern?

·
Registered
2013 GC Altitude 5.7
73 Posts

what bulbs are you using? Do you have any pics against wall showing light pattern?

Have to go back through my email and figure out which bulbs I finally landed on. I remember it being a huge pain with the vendor to find some that fit. Here’s a quick picture of the light pattern on the wall. IMG_6057.JPG

·
Registered
2011 GC Overland
16 Posts
I'm not sure what bulbs I have. They are the stock bulbs that came with the assembly.

I will continue to adjust the lights upward, until I start getting flashed...I guess. But I still believe that the ledge/drop-off of usable light is very drastic...and I just don't like them very much.

·
Registered
264 Posts
btw, a sharp cutoff is desirable, or at least that is what the intent is. i don't see anything wrong with the cutoff, as ajs mentioned, it is there to help oncoming traffic. i wonder, though, if the flair has something to do with the actual projector lense, or the casing material? i know places like trs.com sell clear projector lenses, which might be a good place to start.

·
Registered
2013 GC Altitude 5.7
73 Posts

I just adjusted mine up. A lot. Made all the difference and no one is flashing me. I think they are set very low from the factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased them in July and just now installing, the problem i'm finding is that i had halogen lights before and the connectors are different. i have the images of the connectors i have, is there any way to make this work?

·
Registered
777 Posts

I just adjusted mine up. A lot. Made all the difference and no one is flashing me. I think they are set very low from the factory.
Thanks for the pic. Any chance of taking another one further back maybe with vehicle 25' or so from wall? were you able to determine bulb type?

Also, folks running these, do you clearly see the cutoff or distance traveled for the driver side being a lot less than the passenger side. I understand this is supposed to be to help oncoming traffice but mine is very noticeable almost to the point it feels like my headlights are shining in different directions. However, when looking straight on to the jeep, the projector levels seem to be shining level.

I think they are a good option but might need to be played with for a bit to dial them in just right.

·
Registered
2013 GC Altitude 5.7
73 Posts

Thanks for the pic. Any chance of taking another one further back maybe with vehicle 25' or so from wall? were you able to determine bulb type?

Also, folks running these, do you clearly see the cutoff or distance traveled for the driver side being a lot less than the passenger side. I understand this is supposed to be to help oncoming traffice but mine is very noticeable almost to the point it feels like my headlights are shining in different directions. However, when looking straight on to the jeep, the projector levels seem to be shining level.

I think they are a good option but might need to be played with for a bit to dial them in just right.

You just need to adjust them up. Go find an empty back road dial them up until the cutoff is further down the road. You can adjust them a little higher on the passenger side but not really necessary. They adjust side to side too if needed.

·
Registered
777 Posts

They adjust side to side too if needed.
Okay. I'm glad you mentioned this. I thought for sure when I did the install that they also had side to side adjustments as I recall adjusting one by accident. However, I don't believe the adjustments are accessible once installed. THis might explain the small issue I have with the way mine project on to the road.

Do you recall if the side to side is easily accessible? I think the bumper may need to be removed.

·
Registered
777 Posts

Very easy to access both adjustment screws from the top with nothing required beyond popping the hood.
so where are the side to side adjustements? I've played with the up and down many times and have them now where they don't blind oncoming traffic, but I' still not happy with driver side and how the cutoff is displayed on objects.

·
Registered
2011 grand cherokee
6 Posts
Question: what is this connection in red do/for? currently trying to wire these for a non-projector compass
I apologize I don’t have the answer to your question. But what I was curious about...have you tried to see if the leveling motors from the compass will work in these? Just bought a set of these and that would be valuable info prior to the install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

I am interesting in getting these light to be used on my 2012 laredo in australia. Being the Right hand drive and the road signs being the opposite side, it it possible to change the settings on the headlights to suit the RHD so the beam pattern is like attached in the image below ?
RHD vs LHD headlight profile.jpg

·
Registered
Overland
13 Posts
Also.. I had an issue where my driver side low beam was not receiving the proper power and grounding. So I ran my own separate ground and power to that bulb. I can post an actual write up on it if anyone needs a further explanation.
My passenger side has been having this issue off and on for quite some time. I recently, rewired everything with the hopes of a bad connection but it worked for a few days then back to the same issue. Please let me know when you can. Thank you in advance!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts