Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 4x4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning. Of course, this has been covered before I'm sure, but everything I could find is like 15+ years old.

I want 3 inches on my 4x4 2003 WJ. It's my daily driver and is 99% on the street. But I'm in FL, so lots of rain, lots of mud, and EVERWHERE is soft sand so I'd like some more "just in case" offroad capability.

I like either the Iron rock benchmark with Bilsteins, or Ome's 3 inch kit. They both are around $1300, and come with similar components. So, I guess it just comes down to shocks and springs.

So what do we think? Which will better suit me in your opinions? I'm also open to
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Tire

any alternative suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 Limited
615 Posts
I’ll second that on IRO, got one on my 04 Laredo 4.7, Pit one on about 8 years ago so I’m not sure they all come with for 1300.00, You will need to add brake line extensions, maybe some front and rear adjustable track bars to center the axles back up, a new rear upper ball joint for the third member, and get their teneco heavy duty front steering stabilizer Mac

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 4x4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been leaning toward IRO since the beginning. The OME kit I was referring to is actually a Rocky Road kit using Ome springs and their proprietary shocks. Although it sports an extra 1/2, the kit seems to be just OME 1.5" springs with some spacers. But the IRO kit gets its 3" all from properly sized springs, no spacers, and very well known Bilsteins. I'm new to 4x4 stuff, but I'm guessing that is probably a better setup, if only slightly?

·
Registered
2014 Limited
615 Posts
OME is really one of the best kits out there, but they tend to be a little soft, so far as the IRO kit, they have built their own rigs and wheel them. I believe that a company like IRO that basically specializes in WJ’s knows the in’s and out’s of suspension geometry application and it’s perils and pitfalls not just lifting it.

OME is the same type of company but as you noticed it a hodge podge of parts. And If you want to run a three inch you might want to run the 4” long arm kit, I would have opted for it back when I did their 3” inch on mine but it was out of budget as I was doing a major resto mod on the WJ and was vehicle number 3 in the driveway.

Send a link and I’ll take a look at what the kit is offering these das and can’t recommend any additional or not needed items. Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts