Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Altitude
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you guys having alignment issues after you lift your WK?

I have the RC 2" and was told the camber or caster cannot be adjusted anymore to bring my jeep back into spec and that i would need an alignment kit (see below) I plan on trying a second alignment shop out and see if they can do anything. Its been about a month since my install and i see very slight wear on my front tires, the outter edge because my wheels are pitched outward.

i found these and was wondering if these would do the trick:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/profession...all-joint/p2022868.jcwx?filterid=d1179y2008j1

Please post any advise!

Anthony

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
i got my RC lift installed a couple weeks ago and never got an alignment...
i can drive for awhile in a straight line, no un-even wear so far

my mechanic seems to do a great job re-aligning my cars

maybe try another shop i would say

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are any of you guys having alignment issues after you lift your WK?

I have the RC 2" and was told the camber or caster cannot be adjusted anymore to bring my jeep back into spec and that i would need an alignment kit (see below) I plan on trying a second alignment shop out and see if they can do anything. Its been about a month since my install and i see very slight wear on my front tires, the outter edge because my wheels are pitched outward.

i found these and was wondering if these would do the trick:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/profession...all-joint/p2022868.jcwx?filterid=d1179y2008j1

Please post any advise!

Anthony
i got my RC lift installed a couple weeks ago and never got an alignment...
i can drive for awhile in a straight line, no un-even wear so far

my mechanic seems to do a great job re-aligning my cars

maybe try another shop i would say
You do not need adjustable ball joints. There is enough adjustment to bring Camber within spec after a 2" lift. For some reason alot of shops simply don't how to adjust it. All camber adjustments are made at the lower control arm. Just go to a dealership if your near one. Mine only charged me $90.

But definately get it aligned or you'll wear your tires unevenly.

You too Turbo.:p

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,899 Posts
dude i had to go to 3 places before i could get my alignment done!!!

I have the RC lift too... just shop around you will find a place that could do it

·
Registered
Altitude
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
atleast i feel a little better...

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,899 Posts
looks like we went with the same size tire as well... its probably a normal issue, but yah, i waited about 1.5 hrs at this one spot for an alignment only for them to tell me they couldnt do shit... lame.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It always amazes me that someone who does alignments for a living doesn't know how to..........do an alignment.

That would be like somebody giving me a piece of equiptment to wire that I've never seen before. If I can't figure it out and make work, who will? It's my job.

You would think they could do theirs.

Then again, I've been to Jeep dealerships where the "tech" didn't know shit either. And they work on Jeeps all day. Pretty sad actually.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,899 Posts
Budasac... i concur. what the hell do you have a huge sign that says "WE DO ALIGNMENTS" when you cant. I feel like they should pay me for wasting 1.5 hours of my life!

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Try more shops.

I have a lifetime alignment plan with Firestone and they didn't have a problem with mine.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
$70 I think.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
No. It was a little more than that. I can't remember. It was so long ago.

The lifetime is for the vehicle no matter what type of modifications you make to it. They don't care.

I think I paid $150.

·
Registered
05' WK Limited-QDII
404 Posts
I had mine done at the dealer for $75. No hassles, so far, so good. I was told to go there by another allignment shop that services my work fleet. He said they are probably the only ones with the correct software and default specs.

·
Registered
Altitude
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Find another shop. And yes do not need to replace ball joints. My GC is OME 3" and there was no problem with allignment.
ok thats good news to hear... thanks for that input Kreso :thumbsup:

i am gonna go to my local mechanic that my family has used for years now. he told me it would take about an hour - hour and half and cost about $100.

the shop i went to for my first alignment took about 20-25mins and charged me $60 to do it... that could explain why my car is out of spec. :mad:

·
Registered
05' WK Limited-QDII
404 Posts
$75 bucks?!?! thats a good deal actually... was that with a "homie dont ya know me" discount?
Just the going rate in town I suppose. I was back in a month later to get my leaking transmission cooler lines replaced for $220.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.