Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Grand cherokee
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a 2009 GC Laredo and I was thinking of buying a wk srt8 oem rims, will they fit no problem? Even if they are stagger?

·
Registered
Laredo
300 Posts
100% fit, no problem 20x10 or 20x9 and up to 275 will fit!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Actually up to 315s will fit (on the rear)! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7l v6
stock tires i have on now are P245/65R17

I recently got an awesome deal on a set of OEM factory Jeep SRT8 rims off a 2010 srt8. As we all know, the rear rims are wider on the srt8. I have done my research and plenty of people have put SRT8 rims on the base models. my question is TIRE SIZE??? I am only going to be using these in the summer/spring and ill keep my stock for the winter. I need sizes people...i don't want a real tiny baby low pro tire i just want to know what the all around best possible tire size I can go with that i wont run into any problems with. not looking to spend crazy numbers, under $1000 if possible. can anyone PLEASE give me some advise on a front and rear tire size to go with.
thanks!

·
Registered
05 Grand Cherokee
54 Posts
Yes they will fit. There is a bolt on the rears that may pose an issue but you can grind those down if need be.
Can you explain this possible bolt clearance issue? I've been looking into this for at least a month, reading EVERYTHING I could, and this is the first I've heard of it.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,460 Posts
have not heard of any bolt clearance issue. They will bolt on up without a problem.

·
Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech
2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 w/Select-trac
9,256 Posts
I ran a 285 on the rear no issues here. People have ran up to a 305 with no issues.

·
9,256 Posts
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7l v6
stock tires i have on now are P245/65R17

I recently got an awesome deal on a set of OEM factory Jeep SRT8 rims off a 2010 srt8. As we all know, the rear rims are wider on the srt8. I have done my research and plenty of people have put SRT8 rims on the base models. my question is TIRE SIZE??? I am only going to be using these in the summer/spring and ill keep my stock for the winter. I need sizes people...i don't want a real tiny baby low pro tire i just want to know what the all around best possible tire size I can go with that i wont run into any problems with. not looking to spend crazy numbers, under $1000 if possible. can anyone PLEASE give me some advise on a front and rear tire size to go with.
thanks!
Cant go wrong with a 255/45/20 on the front and a 285/40/20 on the rear. This is the oem size on an srt. Got me a set of general tire gmax as03's for under 800. The rears are 275/40/20 as they dont have a 285

·
9,256 Posts
275/40/20 - REAR ARE 315 would this fit.
Im not really sure. Its possible but I most likely would add a half inch spacer to be safe.

·
9,256 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually up to 315s will fit (on the rear)! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really?? 315 in the rear will fit on a Laredo no problem? Can you show me some pictures of 315s? I wasn't sure if the would fit but if you're sure than maybe I'll pick this set up tomorrow! No rubbing or anything? Thanks a lot

·
9,256 Posts

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,460 Posts
Mine are staggered and fit no problem. Looks great too!
x2 on the tire specs. Im running 275/45/20 and wondering what's the widest rear i can go. When i got 275s all around i say i would rotate em but i never did:(

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
x2 on the tire specs. Im running 275/45/20 and wondering what's the widest rear i can go. When i got 275s all around i say i would rotate em but i never did:(
I'm running a 265/50/20 and wouldn't go any wider for bolt clearance up front.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts