Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
"Red Hulk"
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys I am looking for mods to help boost the little power I do have until RIPP comes out with their kit for my year.

I found this, which is designed like the K&N but with a plastic tube which reduces heat soak - https://www.flowmastermufflers.com/...y=Performance Air Intakes&category2&category3

or I may just keep the stock intake and add a basic oiled drop in filter. And suggestions/experience to how these motors react with the above? Thanks.

·
Registered
"Red Hulk"
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
See a lot of posts about a "Sprint Booster" Sounds like a good product.

·
Registered
"Red Hulk"
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate that brotha!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
AEM drop in or enclosed CAI works. Other open systems K&N or Spectre will make your car sound like a fat cow dying. In my experience my 3.6 was actually slower with the Spectre and sounded horrible. I could have tolerated the sound if I had picked up speed but all it did was suck a lot of hot air. I did back to back comparisons with the stock box vs CAI and the temperature delta was significant. I took off the CAI. At WOT you may gain some power but UNDER normal driving conditions (city driving) you will not gain anything due to the higher intake air temperature.

That's why I say either AEM drop in or enclosed CAI like Volant would be my choices

I also have a Diablo with Hemifever tune. I did feel the difference with the Diablo/Hemifever 91 tune. Still a slow hunk of metal since I live at high elevation and have 32" tires. But much better than no tune.

·
Registered
"Red Hulk"
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it thanks!! That helps a lot. I'll just keep my drop in filter instead of wasting my money on a CAI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts