Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
Looks great, paint or plasti dip? Can't tell, I'm on my phone.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's black plasti dip with a little glossifier. All of the chrome trim was covered with it including:

-front grill
-front jeep logo
-side window trim
-side door strips
-roof rack
-rear panel and jeep logo

I love how the side door strips came out....I wanted to retain them to help reduce door dings but I didn't like the chrome appearance. All in all I'm very satisfied with the outcome. Now I just need to paint the calipers red to complete the look.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,195 Posts
I tried my hands at PLASTIDIP yesterday, painting a spare rim for my Subaru. It is so addictive, now not only do I want to Paint my incoming Jeep's mirrors and other chrome trim but also rims on both cars. And my dad wants in as well for front chrome and rims on the Forester. And my best friend for his E350 rims. PLASTIDIP party.

·
Premium Member
12,356 Posts
I tried my hands at PLASTIDIP yesterday, painting a spare rim for my Subaru. It is so addictive, now not only do I want to Paint my incoming Jeep's mirrors and other chrome trim but also rims on both cars. And my dad wants in as well for front chrome and rims on the Forester. And my best friend for his E350 rims. PLASTIDIP party.
Plastidip strikes again!

·
Registered
Same
349 Posts
Man that looks great!:thumbsup:,Im just wondering on how long the PLASTIDIP will last on the trim?? , Looks great ! Love the look!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man that looks great!:thumbsup:,Im just wondering on how long the PLASTIDIP will last on the trim?? , Looks great ! Love the look!

I'm thinking 1 year to 1.5 if I take care of it. By then i'll be ready for a change. Its so easy to remove too. I'd expect it to do well on the side and rear trim....time will tell on the front though :)

·
Registered
Same
349 Posts
Did you remove the door , and the rear trim ?

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Looks good. I may end up going that route with the chrome on mine, but I want to try something else first...;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Looks great! Hoping to possibly have mine painted or vinyl wrapped along with my roof...Then i'll just need to get rid of those damn chrome door handles.

·
Registered
Same
349 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I loves me some plasti dip. I buy it by the box from lowes. As for how long it lasts, I sprayed my Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and when I traded it yesterday the dip had been on for 7 months (did it first day I owned it and left it on). It made it through a lot of car washes and deep mud etc. The sales guy said that they would have to check on if painted wheels would affect the trade in price. When I told him they were plasti dipped there was 5 guys out there looking at it and took a while to convince them it wasn't paint (which is hard to believe if you ask me).

Oh, and hello.. first post. Bought a fully loaded black MY14 Overland with Hemi yesterday. Love it so far.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts