Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling 2 Gloss Black Mirror Cap Replacement!
  • Cost: $110 Shipped
  • Payment: Venmo/Paypal
  • Condition: New, aftermarket replacements.
  • Description: Fits WK2, 2011- 2019. THESE ARE DIRECT REPLACEMENT, THIS PRODUCT IS NOT THE "STICK-ON/TAPE ON"
  • Questions: Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Shipping might be a little slow because you know, the world and stuff.
Install Directions
To remove your mirror cap you have to remove the actual mirror first. I used the electric button inside the door, to move the mirror at an angle so that I can reach my hands underneath the mirror. Gently pull up on it with even pressure on both sides and it snapped out. Kind of sound like it's breaking but it's fine.

Then you have 2 little wires going to the actual mirror for the defroster you need to disconnect. Gently pull those out, use players but don't move too much they will snap. Pull straight out, not at an angle.

Unclip the old mirror cap using a flat head and again, being gentle. (I did not have any screws to remove) I used a flat head to help, be gentle they will snap. Once they are all disconnected, pull gently out.

Replace with new. And you are all set, enjoy the new look!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Limited
212 Posts
Your price is a little steep. I have a set of ones that look identical in my garage that I got off of e-bay for $40. I'm still debating if I want to swap my chrome ones out...the black plastic aftermarket ones seem to be a cheap brittle plastic. I'm not sure how they'll hold up and I don't know what kind of black paint they used.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its about $10-$15 to ship usually minus my cost for product. I really don't make much on these. I somewhat agree that they are not the same plastic as OEM but they fit great and seem to do the job.

On eBay I usually only find the stick on but I assume it's the same plastic. Yeah man not a huge fan of chrome.

·
Registered
2018 Limited
212 Posts
You did good chrome deleting yours. I'm guessing, since I see chrome in the headlights that the rest of the piano black trim was chrome, correct? I only did my window trim (vinyl) but will need to have it done again. The mirrors were next. The cost was going to get high to do everything else. You're right about the "stick on" ones...I've seen them and they don't look right (because of the lip). How long did it take to swap out your mirrors?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I always black out all my cars so I got the jeep it had to happen. Swapped out honeycomb grill and grill rings for about $95 on Amazon. Blacked out vinyl trim for about $35, swapped out mirrors. Took 10 minutes. It's really easy. Blacked out taillights too. I just need tint which is about $100 and I want to black out the grill up front. The whole piece that holds the rings.

All the other kids get expensive like the back reflector swap with lights is $300. Intake $350. Exhaust $600.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any chance of you doing a video to show us how to do it? Or if you know of one online could you share a link with us? I know it sounds easy but a few visual aids go a long way lol
I have a 2015 and I would like to do get rid of all the chrome as well.
By any chance do you still have a link to the amazon seller you purchased the grill rings from? I already did my honeycombs but still, need the rings black.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have the exact link but if you just type in "2015 black grill rings" a bunch of vendors will pop up and just read the reviews. These were a pain to pop out. I would highly recommend watching YouTube videos on this.

If I mess with my mirrors again I will definitely make a video. I promise it's takes less than 25 minutes for both.

·
Registered
30 Posts
True but those instructions do help out. I have a better understanding of how they will come apart. Once my funds get up a bit I will try to get a set from the seller for my Jeep.
Thanks, for sharing bro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts