Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Somehow my original post got deleted so I’m reposting. Here are the vitals 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Some of the mods I have planned and have completed...

Chrome bumper insert
Black license plate cover for rear
Husky weather liners
Badge delete on front, back and sides
KN cold air intake
Remote start installed
Rough Country 2.5 inch coil springs and lift kit
Snailfly Roof rack installed
Nitto Ridge Grappler 33 inch tires
KMC XD847 Outbreak Satin black with grey tint

New
Ziebart Undercoating and Rustproofing
Ziebart Diamond Coating

any ideas or suggestions please let me know!

Chrome front bumper insert

Badge delete front, rear, and sides

Rough Country 2.5 inch lift level with new tires and wheels

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
130 Posts
Thanks! I’m very happy with how it turned out so far. I’m thinking I may black out the front grill rings next.
I have a 2014 with chrome, thought about blacking out as well, but leaning more not to. Starting to seam over done to me. Shinny Chrome does look good.

Reminds me of when i had a sport bike, i had white rims, they LOOK awesome when clean, but like crap when dirty, so i had them painted black. Regretted it enough to buy white rims 2 months later and wash it more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2014 with chrome, thought about blacking out as well, but leaning more not to. Starting to seam over done to me. Shinny Chrome does look good.

Reminds me of when i had a sport bike, i had white rims, they LOOK awesome when clean, but like crap when dirty, so i had them painted black. Regretted it enough to buy white rims 2 months later and wash it more.
I honestly love the front bumper of the 14‘ better than the 20‘. I think it looks meaner.
you might be right on the blacking out. I’ll give it some time how it is now and see if it starts to bother me. Plus I think with adding the chrome insert, maybe it ties in better with the chrome rings too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks great! I agree, blacking it out would look great.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,108 Posts
Looks great! I swapped my limited grille inserts for the gloss honeycomb and love the look outlined with the chrome much better.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,108 Posts
I only wish the bottom was gloss, but might replace it and get one painted or try to clear and see...

Motor vehicle Mode of transport Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
2014 Limited
355 Posts
Nice looking rig, digging the rims and what size tire did you go with a 33” or a metric. Did you use RC’s preloaded from Struts and rear springs or their spacer kit? I’m thinking about pulling my spacer kit and getting their Preloaded strut kit and throwing some shim spacers on top for 3” up front, and putting Rocky’s Road’s rear 2 1/2” spacer on the rear and then looking at some 34’s. I see you’re from NY I’m in Orange County, Tri-State we do runs up around Ellenville, Craagsmoor, Wallkill, etc......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice looking rig, digging the rims and what size tire did you go with a 33” or a metric. Did you use RC’s preloaded from Struts and rear springs or their spacer kit? I’m thinking about pulling my spacer kit and getting their Preloaded strut kit and throwing some shim spacers on top for 3” up front, and putting Rocky’s Road’s rear 2 1/2” spacer on the rear and then looking at some 34’s. I see you’re from NY I’m in Orange County, Tri-State we do runs up around Ellenville, Craagsmoor, Wallkill, etc......
Thanks! 275/60/20 Nitto ridge grappler tires. They are pretty much 33s as I understand it. I got the rough country lift and leveling kit.

I live in Upstate New York area. Rochester suburbs.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,108 Posts
Yeah the tow hooks wasn't too bad install. I pulled the front fascia because I was swapping out new HID bulbs, morimoto fogs, RC 20" led bar and 2-6" Rigid pods in the grille, so made it easier to get all done at once. I need to pull the fascia again as I think my passenger bulb didn't seat right. Haha

·
Registered
2014 Limited
355 Posts
Thanks! 275/60/20 Nitto ridge grappler tires. They are pretty much 33s as I understand it. I got the rough country lift and leveling kit.

I live in Upstate New York area. Rochester suburbs.
You should have some nice wheeling spots up there, some of are best tails down here are around Minnewaska Star Park in Gardner. Ellenville has a group called NORA, North East Off Road Assc. They give classes on all types of Off Road Use, from driving to winching and Trail safety it’s a great idea and they have good trails but you have to go through the classes in order to wheel there which sucks because our group of gearheads have been wheeling for over 30yrs. and don’t need don’t need their classes. Oh well. Does you GC have the 2-speed transfer case or single? And what about some hood mounted light pods and a nice roof rack to finish it up.?
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah the tow hooks wasn't too bad install. I pulled the front fascia because I was swapping out new HID bulbs, morimoto fogs, RC 20" led bar and 2-6" Rigid pods in the grille, so made it easier to get all done at once. I need to pull the fascia again as I think my passenger bulb didn't seat right. Haha
cool, I may have to do this. I’m all about adding as much utility to this as possible While still retaining a clean look. people always getting stuck in heavy snow in my work parking lot and it would be cool to be able to help them out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should have some nice wheeling spots up there, some of are best tails down here are around Minnewaska Star Park in Gardner. Ellenville has a group called NORA, North East Off Road Assc. They give classes on all types of Off Road Use, from driving to winching and Trail safety it’s a great idea and they have good trails but you have to go through the classes in order to wheel there which sucks because our group of gearheads have been wheeling for over 30yrs. and don’t need don’t need their classes. Oh well. Does you GC have the 2-speed transfer case or single? And what about some hood mounted light pods and a nice roof rack to finish it up.? View attachment 229901
sweet ride! Love the clean look you’ve got going on! As far as the transfer case, honestly I am not positive. It’s a standard Laredo and not trail rated, so I’m guessing single ? I really want the roof rack for kayak transporting, however I have a height issue with my garage. I probably only have about 3 inches max now before I hit the top of my garage opening and I’m afraid adding the roof rack will add too much height. Any idea how much height beyond the antena adding the roof Rack is? The light pods will definitely happen down the road!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts